(Closed) Is there anyway to do something this fancy with my printer?

posted 7 years ago in Paper
Post # 3
6394 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

Well, you’ll probably want to download the trial version of Adobe Illuustrator. That program will make it easy to do the swirly thing. You can try different fonts from dafont.com, some of them might be pretty similar.

Post # 4
16213 posts
Honey Beekeeper

I second dafont.com.

Post # 5
1014 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

In short, no you can’t do exactly that on your home printer because inkjet and laser printers cannot print white ink.  If you want white ink, you’ll have to use calligraphy, letterpress or engraving.  If you’re looking to print any other color, you can do so at home on your printer, assuming you choose the right envelope finish.  If you’re looking for a similar look, you could just print them out at home, but use a calligraphy style script.  Nelly Script Flourish is available at myfonts.com and has lots of fancy swirls and swashes surrounding the letters.

Post # 6
572 posts
Busy bee

Another bee posted that if your envelopes are dark (like mine), you can print the address in the font you want in black and then go over it wiht a gold or silver fine line pen (gel, etc.). Simulated calligraphy.

The topic ‘Is there anyway to do something this fancy with my printer?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors