(Closed) is there such a thing as "channel paved" rings..please share..

posted 5 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
2070 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

I’m in love with this one – I think it’s called “grain set”? I know what you mean though it’s set into the band but with prongs so there are no gaps like with a channel setting.

This is from Rosados Box on Etsy.




Post # 6
56 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Edit: it IS pave! 🙂

Here is a giant iphone screen shot of your ring near the setting description.  

Post # 7
3314 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

That set is FIERCE! It looks like rose gold?

Post # 8
903 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

I’ve heard of something called “bright set” where the individual diamonds are set in prongs, but you can’t see any of the diamonds’ side profiles because there’s a little border of metal on both sides.  I think my ring falls into this category, because there’s milgrain detailing on both sides of the pavé diamonds that rises up to the same level as the tops of the diamonds.

Here’s my ring so you can see what I’m talking about:  http://www.jared.com/en/jaredstore/diamonds-100259–1/diamond-ring-setting-1-4-ct-tw-round-cut-14k-white-gold/100259/100259.100260.100264

Post # 9
276 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

This is how my setting was made….and I LOVVVVE IT! 

Post # 10
4476 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

That channel look is a pretty common way to do pave, and probably a good way to go if you take the pave route, since it’ll protect the stones a little more.

Post # 11
1006 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Yeah, I have a vintage ring from my grandmother that I originally thought was channel set but is actually set with tiny little prongs. Each stone is also divided by a little bar of metal.  I think I have an old pic on my account… 


Yep, here! Sad shreddy winter fingertips and all. It’s hard to see the prongs but the stones are all round- they look a little squarish because of the prongs. 

Post # 12
1505 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

That is called a single row pave ring.  It is definitely one of my favorite styles, especially in rose gold!

Post # 13
684 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

My wedding band and e-ring setting both have this style. My jeweler calls it shared-prong pave because the pave stones are set with small bead set prongs between each one. They are in a channel-like row with milgrain detail. I loved this look more than any other and was always drawn to it because of the crazy sparkle it gave off.

Post # 16
476 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

My wedding band and engagement ring also have shared-prong pave — it’s SO sparkly!

Here’s my band 🙂

The topic ‘is there such a thing as "channel paved" rings..please share..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors