Is this a 1920s engagement ring?

posted 3 months ago in Rings
Post # 16
506 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

Both my engagement ring and wedding band are in this style. My engagement ring was made in the 1890s. They refered to the style as “half hoop” rings. Maybe it’s just the photos, but the stones do not seem to shine like diamonds. Of course, a jeweler would be able to tell you. 

Post # 17
3507 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2017

It doesn’t look like real diamonds to me from what I can tell in the picture. Are you sure it is an antique. Or maybe it was made more recently to look like an antique? 

Post # 18
143 posts
Blushing bee

Keep us posted!

Post # 19
512 posts
Busy bee

They may be paste stones or something but I wouldn’t be surprised if they’re low quality OMCs, seems a lot of rings from that time period had heavily included hand cut diamonds. 

Post # 20
632 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2013

View original reply
@iamali:  Any updates?? I’m so curious!

Post # 21
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2017

View original reply
@iamali:  To me this looks closer to Victorian or Edwardian, from the colour of the side stones (though bare in mind I’m basing it on one pic) they look like paste. The central stone is a different colour though which is odd, appearing whiter? Though it would be odd to me to replace the centre stone with a diamond and leave the others- I would take this to an antique jeweler for an evaulation 

Post # 22
1082 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2022 - Studio City , CA

View original reply
@iamali:  That is beautiful!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors