(Closed) Is this a good price for floral & decor for DW?

posted 7 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
620 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

Have you seen pictures of the stuff they do like the centerpieces and floral arrangements? Since you are planning from NY I would think that pictures would be very key for you in decision making. I knew someone who had a Destination Wedding and all the stuff that came with their package was not very nice and they regretted it. Rather the price is good totally depends on how big the arrangements are. If you are getting a really big bouque and 2 huge flower arrangements then that is a good price but if they are smaller than its not very good.

Post # 5
105 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

That price seems very high to me for very little flowers…

My destination wedding is in Negril. I’m not having chair covers or anything iike that but I’m getting A LOT of flowers for what I’m paying…

Post # 6
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2012

@Negrilbride: I am getting married in Negril also (5 13 2012), who is your florist?

Post # 7
2 posts
Wannabee

Ladies getting married in Negril? Where exactly are you having the ceremony and such? I am going back in forth between having a local wedding or having a Destination Wedding in Negril.

Post # 8
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2018 - Coyaba Resort, Montego Bay

Is the quote from the resort or a separate vendor?  We got married in Montego Bay as well & our floral quote was pretty high.  I ended up bringing down chair sashes & some aisle decor to save $$.  

Where are you getting married??  I love Jamaica weddings!!

Post # 9
26 posts
Newbee

@tanyanga:

Hi! I am getting married in the Catholic Church in Negril. Then our reception is at Lingah by the Sea, a restaurant not too far away (they do weddings also). I really wanted a church wedding and really did not want a resort wedding due to the cost. They charge extra for drinks and food even though you are already at an all inclusive, plus, from what I can tell there is a surcharge on everything from the wedding license to the flowers. Another great option is a cliff wedding, they are so beautiful. Tensing Pen, Rockhouse (I think) and there are private villas that can be rented out and then you can have your wedding catered in or whatever you would like. I have been doing mine without a wedding planner but my Mom has been so much help, she’s great at researching! I am glad I chose a destination wedding. Only 18 booked so far but we’ve got plenty of time, and 18 would be fun also!

Good luck, feel free to PM me if you want some of the places that we looked at during our search!

Post # 10
87 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I would bring your sashes to offset the cost.  sand is available on the beach and you can find your own shells as well here in the states.  just let them provide all of the other items.

they have sashes for .89 each: weddinglinensdirect.com

http://www.weddinglinensdirect.com/8x108satinsash.html

Good luck!

The topic ‘Is this a good price for floral & decor for DW?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors