bianca03 : I couldn’t figure out how to edit my original post but here goes nothing…
Thanks to all the helpfull comments, I decided not to go with the jumpsuit as my primary option. The majority seemed to vote for a cocktail or maxi dress. I’m officially on the hunt again keeping in mind all the suggestions and tips you guys provided, but I will still bring this with me just in case the family is ok with it. I have 1 week to find another dress so wish me luck haha!
I did however promise that I would post a picture of what this jumpsuite looked like on me and I also wanted to clarify a few things. So here it is:
1. You guys are right. This jumpsuite is nowhere near being 1-2 inches above my knee hahah I relly don’t know what I was thinking. I was past midnight when I posted this, so for some reason, I really did think it was? Sorry about that.
2.This wedding is for an older couple in the 60s-70s who are getting married for the first time (most adorable thing ever i know). The groom is Italian and the bride is Russian I beleive but the families are pretty blended in nationalities so traditions are kind of… hard to grasp I guess. These people are not nuts, they understand that not everyone that is attending will share the same traditions as them. Some of us will be coming from far but none the less I want to make an effort.
3. Now let’s talk about my body type 🙂 I am very curvy, chuby and 5’2 was a stretch. I’m really closer to 5 nothing and I have a baby face. Certain dress lenght look weird on me and I can easily look like I’m wearing a sheet (especially sideways). Midi dresses are a no for me (They make me look like I went into my great grandma’s closet to find a a dress that makes me look older. Might not be the best analogy, but hey… it’s the best I can do. I’ll insert pictures so you can see what I mean.
4. I do no tolorate heat well at all. it’s hard to know how your body will react to a country with a totally different climate. I learned my lesson when I went to France. It was not pretty AT ALL. So, I’m a little on the fence with a maxi knowing fully well that I could never wear a maxi in Canada’s climate of 30 degrees. You’re girl is in shorts and a cami. But some of you showed me maxi’s with mesh bottoms that I think are breathable and can work so I think that will be a winner.
Enough of all that, here are the pictures:
1. What some of you think the jumpsuit looks like on me.( note that my hand here hit the same spot that the model’s hands do)
2. What the jumpsuit actually looks like on me. I found that the ”three inches below the tip of your fingers” rule is the most flatering on me.
(If I sit down… might look something like this)
What midi dresses look like on me:
Knee length dresses:
Same lenght as the Jumpsuit (3inch rule):