- 5 years ago
I read a more detailed version elsewhere but found a link that cuts it all shorter:
For those of you that can’t get the link working, here are the highlights:
1. Bride insists on three consecutive weekends for bridal gown and Bridesmaid or Best Man dress shopping.
2. Bride picks $550.00 Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses (which for some people may be fine but this Bridesmaid or Best Man doesn’t make it seem like their group could really afford that).
3. Bride instructs a Bridesmaid or Best Man to create an Excel document of cake-maker suggestions (in another place as it’s a DW), including the pricing, contact info., flavours and “prestige” level – and wanted it that day (Friday), no less.
4. When Bridesmaid or Best Man cancels her Saturday breakfast plans to get it done and send it off to the bride, she receives the following reply: “Thanks for this, would’ve been really helpful to have it yesterday when specified but I appreciate it.”
The pièce de résistance…..
5. Bride purchases a designer gown for $10,500.00 (double her budget)…only to then ask her BMs to “pitch in” for her “dream gown”. Yes. Seriosuly. Apparently she figured “it would be a sentimental treasure that all the bridesmaids would have a part in if they paid for it”.
The worst part? 3 of the 7 BMs have already mentioned they’d be happy to pitch in (even though none of them are really in a financial position to do so). THIS is why there are still demanding, inconsiderate, bratty brides around. Because enablers just cave and give them everything they want.
The Bridesmaid or Best Man who shared this information is now considering bailing on the wedding and friendship. I can’t say I blame her.