(Closed) Is this (no gemstone) ring worth $1700?!

posted 6 years ago in Rings
Post # 3
14495 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

With gold at $1731 per ounce and silver at $32 per ounce, I think those prices are about right on.  It is a really pretty ring.

Post # 4
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Stassney:

The workmanship that goes into that ring is a LOT. And that price seems to be for the set.

Also 18K gold is currently about $1,100 an ounce for the raw material. Where as silver is only $32 an ounce.

That’s where your difference comes in.

Post # 5
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

haha, i love the above and I recognize the seller as the same one I bought this ring from.  This is sterling silver though & I wear it as a RHR: 

I must say, my buying experience from this seller was awesome.  The quality is fantastic and she even told me if I ever have a problem or need it re-sized that I can mail it back to her as a sort of “lifetime warranty” thing (not sure if that would be free, though).  I say go for it =)

Post # 6
764 posts
Busy bee

I LOVE that ring!!!

Post # 7
1934 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

If it is 14k or 18k, then it’s probably about right.  If it’s only 10k, I’d say it’s high.  Gold is freaking EXPENSIVE these days.

Post # 8
764 posts
Busy bee

Luv that set!! Might make the silver version my travel rings 

Post # 9
7 posts
Newbee

[comment moderated for trolling]

Post # 10
336 posts
Helper bee

I love that set! I want one in silver!

Post # 12
8738 posts
Bumble Beekeeper

@Stassney: It’s $1,100 for an ounce of 18k gold. My guess is the ring weighs less than 1 ounce and the rest of the cost is in the workmanship.

Also, the lower carat gold you go (i.e. 14K, 10K, or even gold plated) the lower the cost because the raw material cost goes down.

Post # 13
2951 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I think its pretty but I wouldnt pay that for it lol.

Post # 14
2442 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

So beautifu and unique!  I love it!  I’m not sure I would pay $1700 for it even though according to pp’s it’s worth it.  I’d buy the sterling silver version though.  

Post # 15
6394 posts
Bee Keeper

@MrsRuby: Agreed! It’s gorgeous, it’s probably ‘worth it,’ but I wouldn’t pay it.

Post # 16
5547 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2011

It may be worth that in material costs but there is no way I would pay that for it. But it is incredible

The topic ‘Is this (no gemstone) ring worth $1700?!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors