Post # 1
I was just wondering if anybody has heard of or used ‘Weddingshopsydney’? I really liked a few of the bridesmaid dresses and in particular their prices, I just don’t know if they are too good to be true.
I’m not sure if it is a real website.
Post # 3
Hey! It’s a real site, but they’re not that great.. they delete all the bad reviews. I think with some dresses, they might be good, but with the one I ordered from them, they weren’t.
For starters, the dress came about a month late, and I had to pressure them to get it in that time frame too. Secondly, it’s remarkably differentt from the photo they put online. Here’s the photo of what I wanted:
This is what I got instead:
As you can see, here are the differences and some of my own notes:
- The beadwork on the belt was truly tacky and cheap looking in real life.
- The lace is the same the whole way down the dress, rather than different for both tiers.
- The seam between the edging and the main lace material is incredibly clear.
- The belt is not the same colour as the dress.
- The colour is much, much darker in reality than in the photo. It’s practically gold as opposed to light cream/champagne, which is what was asked for and apparently delivered.
- The bra cups are poorly made and incredibly pointy.
- The inner lining was a good 5-10cm shorter than asked for, we measured it whilst I was wearing it.
It’s still rather pretty and with some alterations and probably removing half of the length, I might actually still be able to wear it again. But I wouldn’t risk it if I were you. I’m currently reordering the dress with some major alterations (practically customised) through an Etsy seller called LaceMarry, who displays all her own created dresses in her images, so what you’re seeing is what you get. In my honest opinion, you’re much better going with someone whose real work you’re seeing and who is willing to communicate with you on every tiny detail!
Good luck with the dress search! Grace xoxo
Post # 4
Wow, I’m so sorry! That dress looks like a halloween costume of the dress pictured that you had ordered. How can people do that to brides?? Good luck in the future!