(Closed) Is this tacky?

posted 8 years ago in Destination Weddings
  • poll: What should we do post-wedding?
    Rent the party bus and go downtown : (39 votes)
    56 %
    Casually invite anyone who wants to go down to the bars (and cover the tabs) : (21 votes)
    30 %
    End the wedding at 5 and call it a day : (10 votes)
    14 %
  • Post # 17
    2268 posts
    Buzzing bee

I wouldn’t be interested in a party bus. I don’t drink, or barhop. Are you guests that kind of crowd? Maybe it’d be right for them.

I think dinner sounds better, or you could just end the wedding at 5.

Post # 19
    1460 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I just saw that you’re going to be in Nashville.  There are dozens of cool places you could go afterward.  🙂

Post # 20
    891 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I’d RSVP yes and show up with bells on. If your guests are those kind of people, go for it!

Post # 21
    217 posts
    Helper bee

Most weddings are BORING. This sounds fun!

Post # 22
    76 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

Your idea sounds fun! Definitely do it! Picking up the tab would be good though. You can do this by just buying bottle service. A good friend of mine had a very nontraditional wedding. No assigned seating, foldout chairs, styrafoam plates and utensils for a dinner wedding. Honestly, I understand why people find that tacky but to me it was about my friend’s big day. I had a good time! Since there are only 15 people going to your wedding, they must care about you both. They won’t judge! 

EDIT: and I didn’t think it was tacky. I thought it was good times had by all!

Post # 23
    9541 posts
    Buzzing Beekeeper
    • Wedding: August 2013

I think it sounds fun. I like the idea of having a nice quiet place you can sit and visit with friends but also having the option to go out and have a drinks/dances in small groups as you go. I would be totally excited!

Post # 24
    642 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

I would look into local pubs and see if they have private rooms or even just alcoves off the main area you could reserve. That way you can have good food, loads of drinks, but no stripper poles.

Post # 25
    2692 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

That sounds so much fun but it strikes me more of a bachelorette type of setting than a wedding reception/after-party.  I’d come up with some other ideas/options.

Post # 26
    2874 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@TuckStar:  my concern would be drinking plus movement could lead to very sick people haha but then ive never been on this kind of bus

Post # 27
    853 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I think it would be a good idea to find a new location for dinner. Older guests wouldn’t bar hop with you, and like others mentioned, just providing (or taking them to places with) booze is a recipe for things to get out of hand. They’re going to get hungry anyway – take them somewhere for food, even if it’s one of your bars!

The topic ‘Is this tacky?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors