(Closed) Is this too much food for 100 people?

posted 6 years ago in Food
Post # 3
14496 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

You have no idea how much I want to come to your wedding just for the food, it all looks so good.

The amount seems about just right if the passed apps are going to be during a cocktail hour.

Post # 4
2759 posts
Sugar bee

Seems to line up with the packages I’ve been looking at for the same amount of people. And can I say, omggggg that all sounds so delicious!

Post # 6
357 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I think the tiramisu and wedding cale may be a lot, the cake may go to waste. If the tiramisu is inluded you could have the serving staffputt your wedding cake I to cute little to go boxesally give to guests as they leave.

Post # 8
14496 posts
Honey Beekeeper

@Willow1991: I wouldn’t get rid of the coffee.  We had two huge things of coffee and they were empty at the end of the night.  People started drinking it right after they ate.  Personally, I love coffee with desserts. 

You could always ask them to change the cheeses to fruits with some cheeses.  For some reason alot of people are against trying the fancy cheese (I love them, but that is just me). 

Post # 9
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Sounds just perfect to me.

Post # 10
1106 posts
Bumble bee

I would say (from a guest perspective), ditch the shrimp since you are already having apps, even if it is earlier because of the rest you’ll have.

And as far as the dessert…. I would say one or the other.  Cake or tiramisu.  Unless it’s going to be like, a mini portion or the dessert shooters for the tiramisu and then do some dancing, give the bellies a rest then you can do regular cake.  But I would plan on a slightly smaller cake because of all the food you are planning on.

Also, what about your budget?  Is it all fitting it (I’m guessing so since you want it all. lol)

Post # 13
14496 posts
Honey Beekeeper

You could always ask that any extras be boxed up and have someone drop it off to the local food shelter

Post # 14
2247 posts
Buzzing bee

I am not sure what all of this is included in your package, but I’d say nix the shrimp cocktail if you’re doing the three passed hors’deouvres.  I think that’s A LOT of appetizer action.  It all sounds so good, but I’d be full before dinner even started (which leads to food getting thrown out, and you said that is your concern). 

Then, I’d have either the cheese station OR the antipasto station.  As a guest, I’d love both.  But, as the person paying for the wedding, I’d go with just one. 

If you’re trying to cut down on the financial aspect, you could very well do without tiramisu (although, once again, as a guest, I’d love it!).  The coffee is a nice perk that I have not yet experienced at a wedding, but always wanted to.  I’m sure it would be a hit to have those different flavored coffees with dessert.

ETA: Sorry, I just read your other comments that said you’ve had to add all of this food to make up for reducing guests.  I would definitely consider the other venue, then.  This issue you’re experiencing was one of the most frustrating for me, too.  I didn’t want more than 50 people, but every place has a RIDICULOUS minimum =[

Post # 15
1482 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

I think it sounds AMAZING- but what about adding in a late night snack instead of the extra dessert?  Mini grilled cheese sandwiches, mini burgers, french fries in little cups- all super cute and your guests will love it after an hour or two of dancing.

Is alcohol included in your minimum, or just food?  Your venue should be including an estimate of beverages towards meeting that minimum if it is.

Post # 16
1252 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

Looks good to me!  

The tiramisu isn’t necessary since you have wedding cake, but maybe you could do a late night snack instead?  Our guests loved having a snack after a couple of hours of drinking and dancing!  Also, I had very similar hors d’ouevres during cocktail hour (3 passed, an antipasto display and a sushi display) and it was a good amount, the sushi was gone in no time flat.

The topic ‘Is this too much food for 100 people?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors