(Closed) Is this White by Vera Wang gown VW351011 too much for Beach wedding?

posted 7 years ago in Destination Weddings
  • poll: Keep it or exchange it?
    Wear it : (28 votes)
    67 %
    Exchange it : (14 votes)
    33 %
  • Post # 3
    4803 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I tried this dress on and I’m also having a destination wedding, and I personally think you would be very hot/uncomfy in it.  I found it to be quite heavy and a bit hard to move around in.  I also think that it’s a lot of fabric and you would probably get hot – especially in Thailand.

Are you able to exchange it still?  It looks really nice on you though!

Post # 4
    55 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

It is a really nice dress and looks great on you!  I do agree that it might be hot and heavy for the beach.  It’s really up to you and how you feel in it since you’re the one wearing it :).  

I’m having a ceremony outside in the hot desert, and I didn’t pick the thinest dress either! I tried to steer clear from the long train dresses though.  Maybe you can bustle your dress so it won’t be so heavy if it bothers you.

Post # 5
    7295 posts
    Busy Beekeeper

all i can tell you is that i wore a pretty big dress for my beach wedding in Jamaica and i was fine!  being by the ocean gave a breeze and i just enjoyed the dress so much that i didnt mind being a little hot.  also, during our ceremony there was shade provided by the trees. our dinner was on a covered, but open air terrace, and then we had a bonfire on the beach, but at night, so the temperature was perfect.  the only time i felt hot and bothered was when we did some pics on the beach at like 2pm, but that was short lived and i survived.  i did have a back up dress (for my TTD session) that i could have changed into if i got too hot, but i didn’t need to!

Post # 6
    Bee
    916 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2010 - Al Cielo / La Laguna

I think that dress is perfect! And I had the same concerns about heat too but like @PurpleUnicorn the breeze from the ocean kept the tempature just perfect. I didn’t sweat once in mine even while we were dancing!

Post # 7
    4518 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2010

I don’t think that a wedding dress can be “too much” for the venue–this is your chance to rock it! It looks awesome on you and will look absolutely stunning on the beach. Go for it!!

Post # 8
    1245 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2010

The dress is gorgeous but doesn’t really seem like a beach dress, especially for Thailand. But it depends on if you are having a more elegant wedding or a more casual wedding

Post # 9
    286 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2012

I think it is 100% up to your personal preferance. If you know you get hot easily it may not be for you but if you love it and think you can deal with the heat you will be fine. You can’t be overdressed at your own wedding 🙂

Post # 11
    55 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: January 2012

i have been trying dresses..and actually i had my eye on exactly the same dress..i showed a pic to a friend…and she said “are u nuts ..its a beach wedding” but i really dont care because its my wedding and i want a little drama on my dress

Post # 12
    9 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2012

I love that dress, and if you love it too, then you should wear it. Who cares if it’s too much, it’s your wedding! You should have everything you want. One recommendation might be to do something more casual in your hair. Maybe a pretty head piece instead of a long vail. Just an idea.

The topic ‘Is this White by Vera Wang gown VW351011 too much for Beach wedding?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors