(Closed) Is this your year? 2017 waiting bees

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 16
147 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
becks90 :  2017 will be out year. In the meantime I’m focusing on my new job , settling in a new ccity and establishing a routine. 2016 was going to be the year but the changes I mentioned coincided with the time he was planning to make the next step so he decided to back out and focus on supporting and helping me settle first instead of a proposal getting lost in the chaos. I can see it happening within the next month, two tops. 

Post # 17
216 posts
Helper bee

2017 should be our year! It was originally suppose to be spring, but we have had a few financial setbacks and life changes, so it’s been getting pushed back. But we should still be on track for more of a fall 2017 engagement!

Post # 18
176 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2020

For sure this’ll be our year! My SO literally just told me that he’s “waiting on something to happen/go through” (my theory is for the cherry blossoms to bloom in the spring here in DC because he knows I’m ridiculously excited to go view them for the first time!) and that he promises I’ll get “my 2017 proposal” lol.

In the mean time, I’m being kept busy by my new job and also trying to get a small, freelance side-business set up πŸ™‚

Post # 19
372 posts
Helper bee

Well, I commented this time last year that I was pretty sure 2016 would be the year but I’m back to hedge and bet on 2017 instead. He knows I’m kind of frustrated that he hasn’t proposed so I’m hoping it doesn’t take until our Yosemite trip in the late summer/early fall. It would be an amazing place to propose, but I’d 100% prefer a January proposal in my kitchen to a September one on the top of half dome. 

If I have to write this post again in 2018 heads will roll lol. Hopefully not though, I really think this is our year, hope it is for all of you too!

Post # 21
269 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
ElectroFish :  Oh, good luck bee! Fingers crossed this year is your year and it happens sooner than your trip! πŸ™‚ 

I’m pretty positive that 2017 our year too – we want to get married in 2019 and both want a long engagement, so it makes sense! We also went ring shopping last summer so I’m hoping it’s sooner rather than later. He’s treating me to a romantic cabin stay in Bath for my birthday in February, so I think that’s when he’ll do it. I’m so psyched about it that I’m scared of how disappointed I’ll be if he doesn’t now! 

Post # 22
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

Well, forget everything I said the other day, because he did propose on this San Fran trip! So 2017 was my year, I just never thought it would be so soon!

Post # 25
18 posts
Newbee

View original reply
megkate87 :  Oh hey, I live in SF πŸ˜› Congrats on your engagement! That is so exciting. Lovely city isn’t it? Though the weather is a bit dumpy today

Post # 26
2864 posts
Sugar bee

Well, since he’s told me he wants to get married in 2018, I’m gonna go ahead and assume it will happen this year.

Post # 27
144 posts
Blushing bee

I love reading the posts on this thread. 😁

Our timeline was before the end of September but I think April is my month. I had originally thought February as we are going on a romantic little getaway to the very same spot as our first ever trip together. I had told SO that it was my favourite place in the world. But then after booking the trip his sister announced that her wedding date will be the following weekend. Although we know she would be delighted for us, we wouldn’t want to distract the excitement from her big day at all with our engagement so it won’t be happening then.Β 

Our anniversary is 27 March but I have a professional exam on 1 April so I don’t foresee an anniversary proposal. We are looking at booking a city break to Rome as a late anniversary celebration so my money is on this trip and I’m so very excited. Last night SO said, and I quote, “it will be in about 3 months. I wish it could be sooner. I can’t wait to be engaged to you.” Swoon! Haha

Post # 28
76 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2019

View original reply
megkate87 :  That is so funny! I laughed about the sunglasses. Congrats!

Post # 29
221 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2019

View original reply
arriaza :  Beautiful city! The weather today is definitely not the best and we went to alcatraz! Almost got blown off the island! Lol. We’ve loved our long weekend here though. 😍

Post # 30
52 posts
Worker bee

View original reply
megkate87 :  I know how that feels! hugs, it will happen. It will. in the most romantic way. So i keep telling myself too.

Just saw that it happened. Congratulations!!

The topic ‘Is this your year? 2017 waiting bees’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors