(Closed) Is this your year? 2017 waiting bees

posted 5 years ago in Waiting
Post # 31
16 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2017

I’m getting engaged in 2017 and i’m so happy and excited but the wait is KILLING me!

Post # 32
146 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2018

Thank you OP for this thread! It feels great to have a community and not feel alone in waiting for a proposal this year!

It will happen this year but SO wants to keep it a surprise to exactly when. He said he has a plan and he doesn’t want me to figure it out before hand, he wants to catch me completely off guard 🙂 Exciting, but the waiting is the worst! I’m sure browsing the internet for different venues, rings, etc doesn’t help. LOL

In the meantime, I am keeping myself extremely busy with work! I recently got my dream job in neurosurgery, so I feel very grateful and blessed to begin my career where I wanted to be all along, so that’s what I’m trying to focus on! I also have an incredibly large reading list, so I’m plucking away at that too! Happy waiting everyone, I can’t wait to hear about your engagement stories! 🙂

Post # 33
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m sooo hoping that it will happen this year! We had a long conversation around New Years that seems to point toward a 2017 engagement!

Post # 35
42 posts
Newbee

I am hoping my proposal will come close to spring. Latest by summer. I’m already talking to him of where we would hold our engagement party and planning it. We are literally waiting for the stone to be set. 

He is also terrible at keeping secrets and once that ring is done, I know he will want to get it on my finger asap because of how happy I would be. He wouldn’t be able to live with the ring just sitting there! I also told him I would love to be surprised, but he is literally the worst at surprises so if I sense something is up, I’ll know. 

I’m trying my best not to dig though his phone to see if the jeweler has called either. Haha I’m such a snoop and he knows it but I gotta lay off!! I’m the worst at being surprised myself because I am always planning and in control of everything. How will I ever be off guard during this time?

Post # 36
71 posts
Worker bee

Hi bees! I’m new, and I’m super excited to have people to talk “waiting” with.

2017 is iffy for me. Originally SO mentioned waiting until I’m done grad school in May. I wont officially be done until August now. Then in September we are hopefully moving because I will hopefully be getting a new job *fingers crossed.* So if it does happen according to “the plan,” it probably wont be until late 2017.

However, my little sister has thrown a wrench into the whole “plan.” She and her fiance got engaged over the summer, and that kind of gave my SO a kick in the pants. He wanted to see my ring board on Pinterest. He talked to my best friend and sister about rings. He’s got screenshots of rings saved in his phone (yes I’m a snooper). So, his attitude makes me think he might not stick to the original plan. 

We’ll see. I’m not too impatient of a waiter. Hopefully helping my sister plan and playing Maid/Matron of Honor for her wedding will help scratch some of that wedding itch. 

Post # 37
1 posts
Wannabee

I am hoping 2017 is the year, I had hinted at wanting a holiday 2016 engagement but my SO was so adamantly against it because he wanted it to be different and non cliche (though I am such a sucker for stuff like that!) 

We went ring shopping together and he has a sales lady all set up for him to call and talk to in case he has any questions and I was grateful enough to find the ring of my dreams but the waiting has slowly been trickling into messing with my mind. Just this morning I was talking to my SO just to pick his brain a little about where he’s at with planning (as he texted me last week to say he has plans to put certain funds towards “certain things” !!!)  and he was saying that he couldn’t guarantee that something would happen before I turned 27 (which is on March 20th) and I tried not to blow up because of my own insecurities of feeling like I’m lagging behind the rest of the crop. Does anyone else feel that way? Watching all my high school mates already being married or happily engaged with dates set for this year or next year absolutely kills

But I know it’s going to happen, it’s just the anxiety of waiting that’s so killer. cry

Post # 38
43 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2020

YES! This post is exactly what I needed. Other people in the same boat! 

Forstly, good luck for 2017 Bee’s. laughing

SO and I have our 5 year anniversary in November and an Overseas trip in September. We are young, but from the very beginning I told him 5 years was the time. He knows the ring style I like (but he’s known this for 4 years :P), and is definitely in for the timeline I gave him.
Now just to play the waiting game! I’m hoping it will be earlier than NOVEMBER but who knows. He knows that I HATE not being in control and planning things, so I’m positive he is enjoying this!!!!

Post # 40
141 posts
Blushing bee

I am hoping for 2017 too!

In the meantime we have a three-week trip to Europe planned for March-April, we are both graduating from graduate school in May, we are moving to a new city in June, and then we are both starting new jobs this summer/fall… So it’s a lot!

I would be lying if I said I wasn’t hoping for him to propose on our trip, but I am not sure that’s “his style”. He does not want to discuss getting engaged or my ring at all because he says it’s his deal and he wants to surprise me (he is a bit of a traditionalist and romantic deep down). He basically told me to stay out of it but not to worry and that I would be happy. I am fine with him picking the ring and proposal as he has great taste but I have anxiety about not having an idea of the timeline. We talk about our wedding plans all the time (as opposed to engagement plans) and he has said he would wants to get married in the fall, likely 2018, so I am hoping he does it sooner rather than later!

Post # 41
16 posts
Newbee

I’m hoping for a proposal this year, too! We went ring shopping today (found the ring of my DREAMS 😍)  and he’s been hinting since New Years at a proposal for this year. Fingers are crossed that it happens! 

Post # 42
115 posts
Blushing bee

Hi Ladies!!

I was hoping and a few of my friends were thinking it would happen during the Holiday or at Disney World at the beginning of the year but it didn’t. And I’m completely ok with that because we had an awesome Christmas and we had the vacation of a lifetime at Disney World. We had so much fun!! But my feet have never hurt and ached so bad from all of the walking. LOL

Anyway, I always said that if it didn’t happen during the holiday then it could possible happen on or around our 2 year anniversary in February. So we shall see what happens. It will definitely be this year!

Post # 44
2023 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2018

Well, I certainly hope 2017 is our year to be engaged. I have a little timeline in my head of April 2017 before I talk to him about it. We are 42 and 43, so honestly I’m not in any rush. We finally finished renovating his house and moved in. We have a lovely life together with 2 good jobs, our health, friends, a great city to live in, theater, opera, restaurants, travel, and a fiesty 17-year old cat. Getting married will just be icing on the cake. I would love to be engaged by our 5th anniversary in December though.

This year we’re planning a big trip to Japan, so that will be fun to look forward to. Otherwise, I’m taking control of my health this year. I’ve allowed myself to gain 20 pounds, and I’m ready to take it off and feel better in my body again. Good luck to all the waiting bees!

Post # 45
424 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
becks90 :  SO & I have a Las Vegas tripped planned in March! So maybe just maybe it will happen then. This will be our first vacation of the year together. If I had things my way we would get engaged & married while we are there. Fingers crossed that it will happen sooner than later for us all! I can’t wait to read all of the proposal stories.

The topic ‘Is this your year? 2017 waiting bees’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors