(Closed) Is you dress strapless or did you opt for straps?

posted 9 years ago in Dress
  • poll: Is you dress strapless or did you opt for straps?
    Strapless : (120 votes)
    60 %
    Straps/Sleeves : (80 votes)
    40 %
  • Post # 47
    677 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: July 2011

I always thought I would have a strapless dress but when I saw this I knew it was meant for me and it went great with my victorian garden venue.

Post # 48
    3253 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

View original reply
    @Annabelle86: I was thisclose to going with that dress! David’s Bridal, right? 🙂

Post # 49
    677 posts
    Busy bee

I always thought I would have a strapless dress but when I saw this dress I had to have it, I knew it was meant for me and it seemed fitting for my venue (victorian garden)

Post # 50
    43 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2011

I went with strapless just because I found a dress that I absolutely fell in love with.   But I think the dresses with straps or little cap sleeves can be very classy.  And I think if you have sleeves, you can get away with having another very sexy feature, like a low back, without looking tooooo sexy for your own wedding.

Post # 51
    677 posts
    Busy bee

View original reply
    @brideatbeach:

Yes, I actually got it when it was a brand new style about 2 years before my actual wedding. I actually think it looks better on me than the designer version because there is less fabric and I am so small. I dont know why it double posted though, the first time I tried it said error and it was unable to post so I did it again and now I have 4 huge pics up here. :

Post # 52
    721 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

Although I am hesitant since my dress won’t look like a lot of peoples…I mean I guess that is what made me fall in love with it too…I had to go with straps.   No matter how well something strapless fits me, I would constantly tug on the top.  Besides I love love love to dance and will be gettin’ it on the dance floor that night!  Can’t wait for the dress to come in!

http://www.ellabridals.com/dress-5517

Post # 53
    2699 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
    @Oneeleven:

lol….i wish i could call mine ‘girls’! Mine are more like raisins!

Post # 54
    1577 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

My dress originally came with illusion lace straps (it’s an Allure), but the consultants folded down the straps when I first tried her on. We removed the straps during alterations so it’s strapless with a deep sweetheart and low v back.

My build is broad shouldered, with a wide ribcage (38″ 25″ 37″), and being an athlete I have a well defined upper body.

The dress bodice is stiff and very snug around my lower ribs (exhale to get it zipped up in that area even after the inner corset is tight) I only have B cups to hold up… so I expect that it will stay up without a problem.

Post # 55
    1091 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

From what I’m told, a half decent seamstress can make a strapless dress stay up with the proper undergarments for ANY size chest.  I’m trusting this because my dress is strapless, even though I was going for something with straps.  I’m thinking about saving the scraps from the hem to maybe add cap sleeves, but I want to see how it fits strapless first, because I do love the look. I work out my arms and back like crazy, and they look pretty good, if I do say so myself, so I kinda want to show them off 🙂  I just worry that adding straps will make my chest look out of  proportion, where it really doesn’t seem to in the strapless version.

My dress:

Post # 56
    88 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

View original reply
    @aruka11:  What a great idea!  I’m going to look into that!

Post # 57
    81 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

I did not want a strapless dress but I could not find any I love. I really wanted a cap sleeve. but in the end I fell in love with a strapless dress and I have 2 weeks till my wedding And I still can’t decided if I should add sleeves or not.

Davids Bridal offers to add little sleeves

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Cap-sleeve-with-beaded-trim.-CAP1_Accessories-Sashes-and-Coverage-Options-Coverage-Options

Post # 58
    166 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I voted for straps. Personally, I don’t care for strapless dresses on my body. So with that said, I’m most likely going to purchase a strapless dress and have them add wide halter straps on. I’m going for a vintage-y 40s inspired dress (most dresses had wide halter straps of cap sleeve style back then). I have to say yes to the dress but that is my vision for my wedding dress. I think your dress should express your personality so try a variety of necklines, straps, strapless, and body styles. I never thought I would like a mermaid/fit-n-flare/trumpet style dress and reluctantly tried that style on and loved it! Good luck and happy shopping 🙂

The topic ‘Is you dress strapless or did you opt for straps?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors