- 5 years ago
- Wedding: July 2018
What a morning! It’s not even 9 and I’m dealing with the best of them already!
I came in this morning and since I’m always the first one in the office by about 1.5 hours I always get every single HR question. Usually it’s pretty quiet that early but I guess with it being payday today, it’s another story..
– One girl sent me 6 emails between 5am and 7am and then came up to my office at 7:10 because she was missing her OT and the payroll girls have not responded to her because they’re not here yet. After a lot of digging around (I don’t process pay) I found that she didn’t hand in her timesheet until after the cutoff so it wasn’t paid. She still didn’t understand, she thinks that because she has handed it in, she should still get paid. It took me almost half an hour to explain it to her and she’s still pissed off
– Another guy, exact same situation
– Ok, let’s make that three in the exact same situation
– A guy came in with his new hire paperwork so I went through it with him (not my job, but I like talking to employees so I’ll always help). He said he was concerned about filling in his beneficiary information for his benefits correctly, so I let him know that it is correct and I said I hope that it’s something we never have to use. He didn’t appreciate my comment. He gave me a “talking to” because his friend had to use it. Um, ok, sorry, I won’t say anything about hoping that you don’t die.
– This part actually is my job… I have to send some compensation analysis reports to finance at the end of the month. I had an email at 5:41pm yesterday (I work until 3:30) asking for the reports for Feb and March, then a voicemail at 6:12pm, then another email at 6:45am this morning. I checked my sent email and sure enough, the reports were sent to her on February 21st and March 28th. I forwarded the sent emails to her. She then called my boss and complained that I was being “rude” by forwarding previously sent emails to her. *headdesk*
– I had my usual latte this morning, but I decided to get a muffin too. Cue immediate judging from my boss. She’s overweight and currently on a diet… she gave me the total run down (which I get daily on everything I eat) on what’s in the muffin and how bad it is for me and how it will make me fat. I’m 100lbs and a size 0 and have been since jr high. I think I’m good! And the muffin was delicious by the way!
Anyone else having an annoying morning already? Or a great one?