- 6 years ago
- Wedding: July 2013
to finally say we own a house!!!!
After everything we have gone through, it came down to the 9th hour but the house is ours. See we found this house back in late July and loved it from online pictures but we weren’t just ready yet. But early August, we couldn’t hold ourselves back, we had to go look at it. And it was more beautiful than the pictures showed. It’s a goregous two story Victorian with original woodwork that is in pretty good condition. But FH didn’t want to put in an offer just yet. But a week later and a meeting with a mortgage lender, he decided we just couldn’t wait and an offer was put in. That was the easiest part, offer accepted.
Then came two months of unebelieveable stress. Originally we had a 45 day close on our contract and our loan officer saying it shouldn’t be more than 30 days. So we thought cool, could be early september for us to close or at the latest around my birthday in the middle of september. Either way, win win. But then we waited and waited. Our original close date was about a week and a half away and our loan officer stopped taking any of our calls or emails or texts. We are literally days from our contract close date, and finally the loan officer tells us there has been a hiccup in the loan. Something that he tried to fix for two weeks but didn’t. Had he actually told us what the hiccup was, we could have cleared it up in an hour.
But nonetheless, hiccup caused us to ask for an extension on closing. Fannie Mae (it was a foreclosure) only gave us a week and our loan officer didn’t know if it could be done in a week. So FH and I just see our dream house fading away. We bickered about little stuff cause we were so stressed out. Our realtor told us not to give up hope because she would make sure we got our house (she was amazing during this all). THis woman fought for us in ways we didn’t learn about til we closed.
But finally, we are on the day on which we were told that if the loan was not approved, the deal was done and we would lose the house. Our loan officer calls to say, we have these conditions that need to be verified. That took two days and a lot more stress. We got it all verified and thought whepwwww now we can breathe. Our realtor says closing will take place on Monday october 1, cause the title lady couldn’t do it on Friday sept. 28. yay, we are happy. Then it’s thursday night, our realtor texts us at 9pm to tell us that if we don’t close on Friday, the deal is again done and we lose the house. Really????
So all Friday morning, I’m pacing around like a mad woman at work. I can’t concentrate. I get a text from FH telling we are going to close at 4pm. WOOOOHOOOO. We get to closing and the title lady isn’t there. She was late by like half an hour. Our keys? Not there. The selling realtor didn’t want to drive them out there. (She didn’t really want to do anything). My name on the paperwork? yeah spelled all wrong. Thankfully all things that could be fixed, and keys were delievered the next day at our new house.
Such a nightmare to get the house but such a dream come true to say we own it. I can’t wait to start decorating and to actually move in. We hope to be in by the end of October. I am just so happy it’s all over and we can actually call our dream home, ours…..