(Closed) It fits! My too small $3500 dress finally fits!

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
599 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I certainly wouldn’t mind having that problem……but good on you for it now fitting. It must feel amazing. I think as soon as you stop running and burning the calories, the weight will start to come back on πŸ™‚

Post # 4
499 posts
Helper bee

I did the same thing- bought a dress that was too tight. I started running, dieting, strength training and have lost over 15lbs. I feel so much better about the way I look and feel and my dress fits me like a dream now, NO alterations necessary! Your hard work paid off!

Post # 5
1627 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

Congrats!! How exciting!! πŸ™‚  So happy it fits for you.

Post # 7
4682 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

WOO HOO! 

Post # 8
1026 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

pics!!! :p

Post # 9
2086 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Pippin Hill Farm & Vineyards

I’m 34 and am down to the weight I was in grad school (22 years old, two jobs, lived on Caffeine). The last couple pounds came off due to our venue worrying me about something. It was a pain to deal with them, but it feels great. πŸ™‚

I don’t plan on intentionally training weight. I know my metabolism is going to slow down in a few years, so I’ll probably deal with weight gain at some point.

Post # 10
582 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

what a GREAT feeling!!! I mean it kinda sucks you HAD to do it to fit into your dress but that has to be an awesome feeling to know you did all of that work and it PAID OFF! Way to go! πŸ™‚ 

Post # 11
1212 posts
Bumble bee

How long did it take you- I have signed up for that same exact thing :-/

Congratulations – you must and should feel freaking awesome – YAYAY for you!!!

Post # 12
1576 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

Woo hoo! Congrats!

Post # 13
765 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Awesome congrats!!! I wouldn’t mind losing some weight. 

Post # 14
2067 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I put on weight after the wedding… But it was not planned, nor was it my preference πŸ˜‰ haha 

Post # 15
11273 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2012

good for you.  can’t wait to see the pics.

i had the opposite problem to you.  my dress fit perfectly when i got it.  no alterations needed but i got really sick 6 weeks prior to the wedding and was in bed for 2 weeks.  i lost 15lbs and couldn’ t put it back on.  my dress hung on me.  i had to do last minute alterations to make it fit.

Post # 16
104 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: June 2012 - Chapel of Flowers

@Angelz_love:  Congratulations!!! What an amzing accomplishment! I can’t think about running a mile let alone 6 miles a day!! What an amazing job! If you are worried about your arms looking “boney” you can do some light weight lifting just to define them. πŸ™‚

@mypinkshoes:  I actually have the same problem! I didn’t get sick, I became a vegetarian (for health reasons) and can’t stop dropping weight! I am super worried about my last minute alterations! 

The topic ‘It fits! My too small $3500 dress finally fits!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors