- 5 years ago
- Wedding: February 2014
Hello everyone, first of all, I’m a new bee here 🙂
Ok, so I have 2 bridesmaids, A is a size 6 – my best friend, B is a size 16-my future sister in law, because I’m in another city at the moment, so I looked online and gave them a few options, they then picked one together. A likes the dress, except it’s a bit long, so she is going to shorten it. Now I just heard back from B that she went to alter the dress, the lady told her it is going to cost a lot to alter it the way she wanted, i.e. to get rid of the frill at the front because she thinks it makes her look big, so she suggests maybe we should get new dresses, different style, that is “more flaterring”. Before you call me a controlling bride, please consider below factors:
1. They picked the dress together, so it’s not like I didn’t give them options.
2. This is already the 2nd style I bought, I bought a short dress for A first then we decided to take B on board I think long dresses would look better so we bought these ones.
3. She is fully aware I’m going to quit my job and move city to be with my fiance, so not only we have a whole wedding to pay, I’m also going to be unemployed for a while.
4. It is my wedding, I am under a lot of stress organising everything, no she didn’t help at all, and with quiting my job and moving state, I really feel sad that my bridesmaid is not helping but demanding for a new dress, and expect me to cover all the cost.
5. She tried the dress on when I brought it to her, she looks lovely in the dress I like it, the colour and style fits the wedding theme. She didn’t say otherwise at the time.
I don’t know what to do, she is going to be my sister in law I don’t want to be mean, but i am very very upset right now, wedding is only 3 months away and I really don’t need more headache now!!