Italy honeymoon – last minute alternatives??

posted 9 months ago in Honeymoons
Post # 16
Member
1517 posts
Bumble bee

I agree with the previous poster, do not book anything in Europe yet, I work in a hospital in the UK and I’ve been given news today that they expect it to be as bad as Italy here, they’ve decided to cancel all non emergency procedures and clinics from next week as cases are growing here daily. Anything could happen between now and May, the whole of Europe may be a no fly zone. 

Post # 17
Member
631 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2016

View original reply
gingerbee1234 :  I’d recommend travelling to the South Pacific – which is easily accessible from California – as it is still clear of the virus and pretty remote.

Post # 18
Member
1250 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2017

Maybe Guadeloupe or Martinique? Definitely stay out of Europe. We may see a ban on travel from the US to Europe very soon.

Post # 19
Member
427 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2018

Southwest has great flights to Hawaii from CA that are very flexible and usually reasonable. Could book those and wait out the Italy thing hoping the airline cancels. As PPs have mentioned, though, I wouldn’t go to Italy that soon. Seems like a lot of things could still be shut down and you’d have a higher risk of getting sick/bringing germs back home. I guess I look at it as kind of a social responsibility thing.

Post # 20
Member
1272 posts
Bumble bee

Honestly if it were me, I’d reschedule for sometime in the fall and go to a fancy hotel in my city for a few days instead. Travelling in general would make me nervous. Or I’d go somewhere by car.

Post # 21
Member
2664 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

It’s looking more and more like a Europe travel ban 

Leave a comment


Find Amazing Vendors