(Closed) It's basically 2013 and we pretty much have 6 months to go…

posted 6 years ago in June 2013
Post # 3
496 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I am so glad I am not the only one feeling this way!!!

I won’t be able to do any planning for sometime as we just bought a house, so I am starting to freak a little!

Post # 4
270 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

Haha love your maths there!

Post # 6
1710 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013 - Walt Disney World

You are so right!  FH comes home from deployment next month too and I don’t see us getting much done during the holidays, except for a planning session…then the crunch starts after the New Year (dress fittings, making sure the girls ordered their dresses), finding the rings, blah!

Post # 7
1578 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013 - Country Club

I am freaking out, too… I have literally nothing done except my venue. FREAKING OUT.

Post # 8
43 posts
Newbee

We had ours pretty planned out ok well I thought I did, then we changed the date (several times) so with each date change aspects of the wedding changed.

We finally settled on a date saying screw the family, screw school, screw the finances and screw the weather.  Too many factors were deciding when we were getting married and we were both tired of trying to please the other factors and not ourselves.

So now whole new date June 22nd, which is great however we only just found our replacement venue (the first one burnt to the ground in Sept).  This means new colors new decoration ideas and so on and so on.

So far the only thing we have booked is the venue, the DJ and the photog.  My finace just got laid off on Friday and I am a full time student so now everything has been put on hold.  No more deposits are to be placed until he can find another job.

Can we say FREAKING OUT!!!!!!!!!

Post # 9
511 posts
Busy bee

I’m only one month later in the year than you and I’m looking at it like this:  babies can be conceived and delivered in about the same time, so getting a wedding together is NOTHING. It’s all in the approach 🙂

Post # 10
137 posts
Blushing bee

I totally cracked up at the math and the “Pinteresting.” I wasn’t really freaking out until this post made me think about it like that 😉 I’m also in grad school full time and work part time, will be teaching full time in spring and trying to plan…so that aspect of life makes me want to barf a little bit. But we’ll make it through!

@anothersmith – SUCH a good point about the babies!!  

@Bella_and_Max – so sorry about your venue/dates/job loss! Hopefully things are calmer for you and your fiance can find a job soon. 

Post # 12
1860 posts
Buzzing bee

Oh my goodness, I think my heart rate just tripled when I read this post… ha!! *nervous laughter* – I can’t believe how fast this engagement has already gone!! Whoa!!! 

SO glad I have my fellow June bees to lean on (and panic with…)

Post # 13
747 posts
Busy bee

I’m trying not to freak out but I also don’t want to get into the mindset that I have all the time in the world.

Starting up in January I will be working two jobs…..my regular job at the bank and then doing taxes.

So far, we have the venue booked, my dress ordered, the photographer booked, invitations bought and e-pics done. Guest list is almost done as well.

Trying to get alot done before January! Good luck girls!

The topic ‘It's basically 2013 and we pretty much have 6 months to go…’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors