Post # 1
Good evening everyone!!
I am beyond thrilled to tell you I made a decision to order an Etsy wedding dress on Nov 27 and already got it! I’m excited to share with you all my experience as I’ve turned to the bee looking for advice, support, and suggestions. I hope this will help other bees on the same path as me.
After messaging many, many, MANY etsy shops, I finally chose one. The customer service was great and they were beyond patient with my endless questions. They told me they could not take photos in the factory and agreed to send me photos before shipping it. Unfortunately, they didn’t do this. So when I found out they shipped it, I panicked and mentally prepared to receive an awful dress. it took 6 days for me to receive the dress. It was shipped inside out (I assume to protect beading, lace, and material) and in a small package.
1. They followed my requests except for the beading at the top. I requested the beading of a dress they have in their shop which was gold. The beading on the dress is a pewter color. I like it and don’t mind it at all but still deciding if I should even mention it to them.
2. There are more small ruffles than I’d really like where the skirt begins. And the ruffles appear to be smaller, compared to the photos I sent them. Maybe it’s just me but does anyone else see the difference?
3. As expected I will need to do some alterations on the straps and bust. They’re a little long/big. Maybe I’ll ask the seamstress about the ruffles?
4. For less than $200 I’m extremely pleased with the service and the dress. I wish I had gone this route before purchasing my first dress.
5. And now…. For the pictures!! The photos on the left are the mashup inspiration pictures I sent. Do you think they did a good job replicating them?
Please let me know if you’d like the name of the shop. I’ll be more than happy to PM you 🙂
Post # 2
Oh I love it! It’s a fun, feminine dress. Looks great. Well done to you and Etsy!
Post # 3
That is fantastic! I’m so happy it turned out well. I just found my dream dress on Etsy as well! Only $145. I’m currently in the process of figuring out what customizations I intend to make (color, length, etc). It’s great to hear a positive experience.
Post # 4
Yes definitely see what can be done with the Ruffles up top…maybe if they remove one or two layers it will look more like the inspiration pic but otherwise they did a good job and wow you cant beat the price!
Post # 5
Great dress! Could you please pm me the name of the shop?
Post # 6
could you PM me please. I’ve been looking at this particular style dress. Your dress is lovely.
Post # 7
could you pm me as well? 🙂 I need to find a western style dress but want to keep it affordable. Thanks!
It looks really pretty! I can’t wait to see what it looks like once adjusted and on the big day! I love the back!
Post # 8
I love it! What color did you order and yes, please tell me the name of the shop.
I think it’s just about as perfect as can be!
Post # 9
Beautiful! I see what you mean about the ruffles. You could talk to them, but at this point I’d probably just work with a talented local seamstress to finalize that.
Post # 10
Beautiful! I do see what you are talking about in your comments but overall I think that the dress is gorgeous and I don’t think you can do much better for the price.
Would you please PM the shop name? Thanks!
Post # 11
ok_write: lacey514: soymilk: redvelvette: seejanebee:
I just sent a PM to all of you 🙂
the color I chose was ivory.
Post # 12
Thank you everyone! I spent what seems like forever combining different aspects of dresses I liked. I am so happy it came about wonderful!
As for the skirt, I am not overly concerns about the ruffles but will ask a local seamstress anyways just to see what their thoughts are.
Post # 15
wow gorgeous dress! it looks really nice.