(Closed) It’s official- September 1 2012

posted 7 years ago in September 2012
Post # 3
6248 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 1900

Fiance and I are about to sign the contract to book our venue at one of two places (we can’t decide which!).  We ran into a snag because places are already booked, at least around here in MA.  I had been communicating back and forth with several venues for months now, but all of a sudden in a matter of a few weeks the venues were all booked.  One venue even told us that they are booked solid (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) from April to November!!!   That really limited our choices, or narrowed them down I guess.  We really wanted to be married on Labor Day weekend as well.  One venue still has an opening on Labor Day weekend (don’t ask me how!!) but the other venue would be the weekend after.  For us, the day really matters (i.e. Saturday, not Sunday).

Sorry I am rambling (lol).  My advice to you is BOOK NOW!!  I know you said you aren’t able to go to Orlando until November but I am afraid that you will find that most places are booked solid by then.    I would start immediately by contacting venues to see which are still available on Labor Day weekend 2012.  That will probably narrow down your choices a lot.  The venues should be able to send you information packages and most have decent pictures on their websites (although many venues can be deceiving when you compare a picture to the real deal).  Then start googling for “real wedding” pictures at those venues, and start asking around on the Bee.  I have found several Bees that have been extremely helpful in my venue search.

I know that probably isn’t what you wanted to hear, but after the panic that my Fiance and I faced when we realized all our top venues had booked up within a matter a weeks, I wouldn’t want any other bride-to-be to have to go through that!

Post # 4
217 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Congratulations!!!  Yes, definitely BOOK NOW!!!  Fi and I knew exactly which venue we wanted here in RI and booked it three days after we got engaged!  To us, the venue was more important than the actual date and they were booked every Saturday in 2012 from April through October (its a beach side venue) so we opted for the Sunday after Labor Day (tourists are pretty much gone at that point).  The other benefit to a Sunday wedding is that we have been able to book every vendor we wanted!

Again, congratulations!!!

Post # 5
927 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I would book now!!! You will be disappointed if you wait.

I was in the exact same position as Ocean. The venue we originally wanted was already booked for every Saturday for the summer, so we chose Sunday Sept 2, 2012. It’s a long weekend so we weren’t worried about it being a Sunday. The bonus is most people are coming from out of town, and they won’t have to miss with the wedding being on Sunday.

The topic ‘It’s official- September 1 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors