(Closed) Its too small. $3500 dress is too small. WAY too small.

posted 6 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
2725 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

ugh! i’m sure that experience was frustrating!!!! I can’t believe the consultant didn’t listen to you…

Post # 4
667 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

The lady F***ed up, for $3500 you should get the dress you were promised in the correct size. What if you cannot lose enough weight/ tone up in time? I would fight this if I were you. 

Post # 5
5475 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: August 2012

Is it only tight where the zipper is?  Is it possible to have them alter it into a corset back which might give you a little more wiggle room?  I think you’re pretty awesome if you’re not freaking out about it… I know I’d be pissed!  Kudos for taking it in stride 🙂

Post # 6
1844 posts
Buzzing bee

I agree, See fi they can alter it in a a corsett back, it will give you a LOT more wiggle room. 

Post # 7
1561 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

It is their job to advise you on the correct sizing.  She encouraged you to go with the smaller one even though you said “aren’t I supposed to order it bigger?” You really deserve some sort of refund because they screwed up to bad.

I agree with PP’s who suggest a corset back.  You should NOT have to try to lose weight because of this person’s error!

Post # 8
2067 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

Yes… I would be frustrated… And like pp, I was going to suggest possibly a corset back?  I am a street size 12, but in Alfed Angelo, my waist and hips were a size 10 and my boobs were a size 12… The dress I ordered was a corset back, so we went with a 10 and the corset made it work perfectly!

Post # 10
4803 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Angelz_love:  Have you tried it on while wearing Spanx? THey could solve your problem! My dress was a size 10 and a bit snug, so I tried on Spanx and they sucked in so much that the dress was actually too big! I ended up not wearing them because I didn’t want to dress to have to be altered more, but they might be the perfect solution for you.

Post # 11
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I feel your pain!! The same thing happened to me… not the vendor’s fault necessarily, she wanted to order me one size when I was at my skinniest and I told her to go up a size and had to argue with her… I should have told her to go up 2 because now at my normal weight the “size up” from my skinniest is way too tight.  They never showed me a size chart… and I never lose weight like that unless I am working around the clock, not eating, etc. like I was in the fall when I tried it on.  I hate that my dress is now a source of stress (about not fitting into it!) rather than happiness!

Post # 12
913 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

For $3500 plus alterations I would want it to lay right. Heck, I would want it to look like it was custom cut for me! It’s not your fault that she ordered the wrong size for you (yeah you signed the receipt, but it wasn’t your job to verify your measurements IMO). I agree none of this makes sense!

Post # 13
10366 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2010

Most wedding gowns can be let out at LEAST 1 inch, if not 2 inches. No problem. It’ll just cost you…probably at least a couple hundred dollars.

Post # 14
2414 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

I would make them fix this – it is their fault, not yours! I would raise hell and tell them they better get a bigger size in ASAP because they made this mistake. Period. $3500 bucks is a TON of money so they better make it right. Period.

Post # 16
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I am really sorry that happened to you!!! I am actually worried about the EXACT opposite! I ordered my Alvina Valenta in a 10 because they advised me to..but my measurements were 34-25-37.5…which was a size 8 on the chart. Now I’m nervous I will be paying an arm and a leg in alterations because it will be too big? Hmm..

The topic ‘Its too small. $3500 dress is too small. WAY too small.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors