IUI Buddy Group – Fall 2018

posted 4 months ago in TTC
Post # 3
1987 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

sleepymelis :  Love this! Once I consult with my RE about when we’ll start IUI and how, I’ll be sure to join in!

Post # 4
122 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2017

sleepymelis :  Yay, love this thread! Thanks for starting it!

Cycles TTC: 11

IUI #: 1

Month Starting IUI: September/October, I’d guess it will end up being October

Known Issues: No known issues, Darling Husband still has to do a SA, but they don’t think there will be any issues. Unexplained fertility so far with 1 early MC at 7 weeks.

IUI Plan / Meds / Other: Doing unmonitored Clomid now for 3 months before starting the IUI, plan to do medicated IUI. Previously, we talked about potentially doing 3 IUI cycles.

For Fun – what’s your favorite thing about the place where you live?: No doubt, living close to the beach. I don’t go quite as often as I’d like, but it’s SO nice to have that option after living far away from it previously.

Overall, I’m a little nervous about moving to IUI. I know that it does increase your chances over TTC naturally, but it seems like so many people have to move on from IUI to IVF. My insurance doesn’t cover most of it, and thankfully we’re in a place to be able to afford it, but I do think it will be really hard to handle if it doesn’t work out.

Post # 5
1020 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2017

Commenting to follow, as I expect I’ll be part of this group sooner rather than later 

Post # 6
1987 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

Officially roll calling now that we’ve decided to start IUIs next month.

Cycles TTC: 10 actively TTC; 14 months

IUI #: 1

Month Starting IUI: September

Known Issues: none technically. DH’s SAs have been not great in different ways but his more recent one was good enough to be considered normal. I have no found issues despite some cycle irregularity.

IUI Plan / Meds / Other: Clomid + IUI is the plan for 2 cycles. Darling Husband and I decided that we’ll do 2 IUI cycles and then jump to IVF, which is crazy, but I can only guarentee I’ll have IVF coverage through the end of 2018 so we want to make sure I can get at least an egg retrival in before 2019.

For Fun – what’s your favorite thing about the place where you live?: So many things! I love my particular neighborhood because it is fairly quiet and yet a short walk from great restaurants and breweries. We also live a few blocks from a huge park that I spend a fair amount of time in.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors