Post # 1
Many might know my story, but here’s a quick background. SO and I have been together a little over 4 years. We went ring shopping back in August and I’ve been patiently waiting since then. During Xmas he told me he had the ring, but that the holidays wasn’t his ideal time to propose and he had another date in mind. It’s almost May, and I’m still waiting.
On Saturday we went to go look at venues. We’ve seen six thus far, and we fell in love with a fabulous place on Saturday. We didn’t put a deposit down yet, but they are holding our date for two weeks so we can decide if we want it or not.This place is PERFECT!! I can’t imagine my reception anywhere else, and SO feels the same way.
There is no doubt in my mind that he loves me and were going to marry. I know he has something special in mind for the proposal. He wants to place the deposit on the venue, but I feel silly booking something when I don’t have the ring. Any waiting bees in the same situation? Have you booked venues and vendors without yet being engaged? Would love to hear all opinions.
Post # 3
@Future_Ms.Bostonceltics: Hi- I think you may have commented on one of my posts before but I have been with my SO a bit over 3 years. He bought the ring New Years Eve. We just booked the venue last Sunday. He has not proposed yet, although there are hints that it will be by the end of May (the second deposit will be due at this point, and since our parent’s are paying for the wedding, I know and he knows they wouldn’t be okay with putting more money down without the ring!)…do you have ANY IDEA when he will propose? TBH, I say put the deposit down on the venue, you both know you are going to get married-why not have the piece of mind of knowing your perfect venue is booked?!
Post # 4
@Dell79: I do remember your post about this now that you mention it! I know I would be so upset if I lost my date at this venue to someone else so that really makes up my mind. Thank god for weddingbee. I love talking about my future wedding, but I can imagine family and friend looking at me as if I have three heads because I’m not yet engaged. He really stays tight lipped about the ring. I’m thinking summer, but I really hope it’s sooner. We want Feb 1st so I would love to give my parents enough notice and my Maid/Matron of Honor enough time to plan a bridal shower etc.