(Closed) I’ve put it all together (dress, accessories, veil) How does it look?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
  • poll: How do I look?
    Don't change anything! It looks good! : (99 votes)
    59 %
    Eh something seems off.. but IDK what : (33 votes)
    20 %
    Looks okay.. but change this.. (I'll post below) : (37 votes)
    22 %
  • Post # 33
    2104 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: November 1999

Something about the edge of the veil looks kind of harsh against how delicate the dress and everything else is.  I don’t know if a longer veil or one with some edging might soften it a bit?  Just my personal thoughts…

P.S. I adore the blue belt you have!!  =o)

Post # 34
    4430 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I think the belt doesn’t go too well, the belt itself is gorgeous but not for that dress!  If you love it, though, that’s what matters. 

Post # 35
    499 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I agree with @lilipad55 – I think the veil is also cutting off the overall look. Since the dress is a-line, I think you can definitely go with a cathedral length. A raw edged would look pretty.

Post # 36
    2861 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2014

The belt takes away from your dress, it is all I can look at. I think it would look 1000% better without it. I really like your dress! 

Post # 37
    2082 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: August 1993

I think a simple. delicate necklace would look better. (Without a ‘drop’ in it)

Post # 38
    15 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: December 2012

I think it looks gorgeous! I love the belt & dress combination!

Post # 39
    607 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I loooooooooove your belt!   A wider one might be a slight improvement, but the style of it is stunning so I wouldn’t compromise the style for a little bit wider if you can’t find that same one that’s a bit wider.  Other than that you look fantastic.  I love when it all comes together!!! 🙂

Post # 40
    911 posts
    Busy bee

I actually love the sash, I was thinkIng a different necklace as well, something more semetric (pearls??) because there are so many details on the dress 🙂 looks awesome 

Post # 41
    54 posts
    Worker bee

Beautiful dress!! But I’m not a huge of fan of that particular belt with it. Have you tried an white/ivory sash? Or do you specifically want a colored sash?

Post # 42
    138 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I think a longer veil, maybe with some lace on

Post # 43
    23589 posts
    Honey Beekeeper
    • Wedding: September 2011

The whole look is BEAUTIFUL! In the original photo, my instinct was that your belt was too low, but in the 2nd photo (did you do anything to change it?), it looks perfect.  Might just be an angle thing.

Post # 44
    44 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: August 2013

It’s hard for me to see your hair so I can’t comment on that, but everything else looks truly fantastic. Your dress looks lovely on you!

Post # 45
    328 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2012

I think you look fantastic. If you are going to wear your hair down, I think I’d ditch the necklace entirely and wear a statement chandelier earring instead.

Post # 46
    1291 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

LOOOVE the beading on your dress! You look very pretty!!

The topic ‘I’ve put it all together (dress, accessories, veil) How does it look?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors