(Closed) I’ve put it all together (dress, accessories, veil) How does it look?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
  • poll: How do I look?
    Don't change anything! It looks good! : (99 votes)
    59 %
    Eh something seems off.. but IDK what : (33 votes)
    20 %
    Looks okay.. but change this.. (I'll post below) : (37 votes)
    22 %
  • Post # 47
    1329 posts
    Bumble bee

Your dress is beautiful!!!! If you are bent on that belt, then maybe a scalloped edge veil to match? I think a plain sash in the same colour would look better, and those pieces that the OP up there in blue are just gorgeous! Try a few different things, take pics and keep us posted ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 48
    591 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

I think a veil with a softer edge would look a little bit better.  I also think that when you are wearing the blusher it is hard on the eyes or something – like my eyes are drawn both to the belt and the edge of the veil.

I think you look stunning with the veil back!

Post # 49
    42 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2012

HONESTLY- Your dress is beautiful, extremely flattering- absolutely gorgeous- but I am not a big fan of the belt (the color seems to harsh). Also, I would maybe opt for a different veil (althought hte one you have doesn’t look bad) Lastly, with your makeup and hair done I think the whole ensemble will appear more polished.

Post # 50
    2063 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

I really love your look – But I think making a deeper sweetheart could be a great change! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 51
    646 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: November 2011

I like the dress and the sash.  How about chandelier earrings with a touch of the purple/blue color?  But, if you go with a chandelier necklace, no earrings, or very minimal earrings.

Post # 52
    2868 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: August 2013

I like it except I would change the belt, I feel like it doesn’t quite fit with the ‘feel’

Post # 53
    516 posts
    Busy bee

I think everything looks great!! Are you using that same blue color or other shades in your bridesmaids attire/bouquets? I think once they are standing next to you and you have your bouquet, it will all tie in better. Maybe that’s what you are feeling is missing ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 54
    1257 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: October 2013

The dress is beautiful but the belt is throwing me off for some reason.

Post # 55
    247 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: August 2011

Great look … but I would also … loose the belt. The blue in the belt is ‘off’.

Post # 56
    2305 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: April 2016

I love the belt! I think the deeper sweetheart would be a great change, and other then that, I think you look great!

Post # 57
    607 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I love the idea of doing some sort of sapphire in your necklace, it would really pull it together!

Post # 58
    1105 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

I think with that sash, statement earrings with a little blue to match it would look fabulous instead of the necklace. Or maybe even a little shorter necklace.

Post # 59
    1139 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

It looks beautiful and I love that sash. I say don’t change a thing everything’s perfect!

Post # 60
    1574 posts
    Bumble bee

I LOVE the belt! Keep it! Your bridal look is gorgeous!

Post # 61
    745 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

I’m not a fan of belts/sashes. Yours is lovely, but something makes you look short. It could also be the fact that the dress is a bit long on you. The original sash it came with is much plainer, maybe it’s a bit too sparkly? But again, I say that with a general prejudice against them, so please keep that in mind (and please don’t take offense).

Though, in looking at it again, it does give a very royal (think like a queen) impression Maybe I’m just seeing too much sparkle. I think with the beading of the dress and the glitz of the belt, the necklace might be too much (though it’s absolutely GORGEOUS!)

I love the idea of a deeper sweetheart neckline. 

Edit: I do think some blue somewhere else up top might balance it better, but I don’t think a large statement necklace would work (again, I think it would be too much). Maybe a small sapphire pendant?

The topic ‘I’ve put it all together (dress, accessories, veil) How does it look?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors