- 3 years ago
So short answer, yes. That will be when you start your meds for your transfer. My protocol for transfer is as follows:
Call with CD 1
Come in on CD 3 for bloodwork and ultrasound
2 of birth control
1 week of birth control and lupron
Then lupron and estrogen pills for two ish weeks
then progesterone shots for 6 days then transfer!
They said it is about a 5-6 week process from the start of your period to transfer so you should be looking at about 5-6 weeks after you start your period after ER to get to your FET. I got my period exactly a week after egg retrieval.
I was here about a month ago, so I’m not sure if I should roll call or not? Sorry I fell off the face of the earth ladies, it was hard seeing everyone move forward while I was set back by switching REs. But I’m so happy to announce it’s finally here!
I started BCP and premarin last night! I go 10/24 for baseline u/s, and hopefully get told to start stimming. I still don’t have my complete protocol, they are mailing it to me so hopefully I get that within the next few days. The RE said if everything goes according to plan it looks like 11/6 will be our retrevial.
I get it being hard to watch everyone move forward. We had to wait to transfer and it’s been torture. I had an ultrasound on Sunday because I hadn’t had a period in forever. Turns out I have a 6 cm cyst on my right ovary. Womp womp. So I will be on birth control from now until our protocol for our frozen transfer starts in the beginning of December.
I am so comfortable with the new RE. We aren’t doing a day 3 anymore, we’re doing day 5 and transferring one. Believe it or not we are still up in the air on fresh vs. frozen. Frozen is more money, if we go gentic testing thats more money, and like you I don’t want to go through the tourture of waiting. I want to do a fresh transfer, DH wants to to frozen. He thinks the genetic testing is a good idea, and he likes how the will monitor lining more during frozen because they can control it more.
As for me, I feel like all that is not necessary. We dont’ have a lining issue, we don’t have a genetic issue, we have a fertilization issue, so I want to do a fresh.
The RE said we can decide once we see how many eggs we get and how many fertlize so that’s what the plan is now. Though secrelty I’m like no it’s a fresh transfer!
Oh good!!! I totally get wanting to do a fresh. We did not have the option because my estrogen was way too high to be able to. It would not have been safe for me or the baby. Fingers crossed you get to do a fresh!!!
Unfortunatley our first IVF cycle got cancelled after not responding to my stims well enough. For one of my IUIs, I had 4 eggs from Letrozole alone, so they are baffled why I don’t seem to be making eggs on all of these stims. (2 mature eggs after a week and a half and several that were too small to measure.)
We were lucky and converted to an IUI. Currently 10DP IUI… hoping to get a positive on our beta day so that maybe we don’t have to go the IVF route again!
Hey bees! So it’s been a while since I’ve been on this board, but thought I’d give an update. We had our first egg retrieval last month, and it was not good. I’d had reservations about my clinic right from the start, and I wish I’d just listened to my intuition and chosen another clinic.
I ended up priming with birth control for almost 50 days, due to scheduling at the clinic, and also an ovarian cyst that popped up. When I finally started my stims, I super responded to meds (300 Gonal and 150 Menopur, plus 20 Lupron), and my follicles became oversized. I only had 6, and 5 of the six were above 25 mm, and I had 2 over 30 mm. I asked if we should cancel the cycle, and was told by my RE that we should absolutely not cancel, so we moved forward with the retrieval, even though I only stimmed for 7 days, and I had huge follicles. We got 3 eggs, and none of them fertilized. As you can imagine, I was devastated. I no longer trusted my RE, so we began to look for a new clinic.
We had our consult yesterday with our new clinic, and I am so happy with them, we’ll be moving forward with our next cycle in about 2 weeks.
Due to my age (38) and my low AMH and low AFC, we’ll be going with mini IVF. We’ll do 3 back to back retrievals, and they’ll freeze the embryos at day 3, with no PGD/PGS. I’ll need to have my tubes out due to a missed hydrosalpinx, so that will happen after the retrieval’s, and before the transfer next year. The plan is to put 2-3 embryos in, God willing, we get any this time.
I am so happy to be at our new clinic, it’s a so much better than our old one, and I actually feel cautiously optimistic for the first time in a long time. I’ll be on this board more. I was just so devastated with everything that happened at our last clinic, it was hard to be positive.
Good morning ladies, I just wanted to update y’all on my IVF cycle. I got AF 10/8 and started BCP and estrogen. I finished the estrogen on Sunday, and I’m on BCP until they tell me to stop them. I go for my baseline ultrasound 10/25, so I won’t be stopping them before that. I also got my protocol. I will be on the low dose antagonist protocol. We are going to do the 5 day fresh transfer if we get a good amount of embryos. If we only end up with a few we will do the genetic testing and freeze all. I’m excited to be on the low dose as it means less meds so less OOP cost. If everyting works according to the schedule they want to do it looks like the week of 11/6 will be my retrevial.
The topic ‘IVF Buddy thread (part 3)’ is closed to new replies.