Ivory or White shoes with Paloma Blanca 4115 (natural color)?

posted 7 years ago in Shoes
Post # 3
11419 posts
Sugar Beekeeper
  • Wedding: May 2009

@mrsrl: I am not familiar with that dress at all. However, my dress was 100-percent silk, which is not stark white, but it’s not considered ivory either.  The color was called “diamond white,” which is a soft, off-white but not a deep, creamy ivory. However, I found that many light-ivory shoes were indeed the right color for my natural silk taffeta dress. Unless your gown is a bright, stark white, and you want to have a shade of white/off-white shoes to match as closely as possible, I would recommend a light ivory. It also may be useful to consider a shoe with Swarovski crystals or some other type of ornamentation that would coordinate well with your gown so that there would be something other than just the fabric of your shoes against the fabric of your gown.

Also, if you purchased your gown new from a bridal salon, could you call the store and ask if they are able to order a fabric swatch of your gown from the designer? My James Clifford gown actually arrived with a fabric swatch, so perhaps the designer would provide you with one.

ETA:  Here are pics of my ceremony and reception shoes, in light ivory, with Swarovski crystals, just to give you an idea. Unfortuntely, neither of these pics shows my shoes against the outside of my gown. However, they went beautifully with it!

Post # 4
357 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Love your dress! I am Paloma Blanca 4208! What color is your dress? Is it “natural” or ivory? If its Natural I think that looks white to me and you could do white. I am wearing black with mine, it is the natural color. You could always do a colored shoe also.

Post # 6
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi ladies! I just joined here after googling wedding things and it bringing me back to this site over and over for ideas. I am wearing the Paloma Blanca 4115 in August and I am planning on picking my shoes for my “theme” (not really a theme). I am doing lace touches here and there at our wedding. Finding this dress gave me that inspiration! I am searching for lace peep toe pumps right now, in either a blush color or a nude color. To be honest, I would not go with a regular white wedding shoe. Think out of the box here! Find something cute that you could wear again. Nothing needs to particularly match your dress if (unless you choose a white shoe, then it should be the same shade white). I am all for choosing a shoe that is different and can be worn again.

Post # 7
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: April 2013

I am wearing the Paloma Blanca #4115 for my April 2013 Destination Wedding in Mexico.  I am hoping to wear a navy/blue shoe with it since my colors are navy and emerald green and it will be my something BLUE!

Post # 7
106 posts
Blushing bee

I went with a light blue/green shoe (my something blue) because I ordered ivory shoes and they looked super yellow compared to the dress (PB 4661 in Natural). I was sick of trying to match perfect whites. No one sees the shoes and I can wear colored shoes so many more times!

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors