(Closed) Jan 2011 Board!

posted 8 years ago in January 2011
Post # 3
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

YAY!!!! I’ve been on the lookout for this board too!!! I’m January 7th!

Post # 4
664 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

I have also been VERY excited about this board. My wedding is planned for January 8, 2011. So far, here’s what I have done…

– Purchased my wedding dress
– Decided on ceremony & reception venue
– Chosen color scheme

Now I’m researching catereres, florists, etc.

What does everyone else have done so far?

By the way, we’re almost to the 1 year mark!!

Post # 6
18 posts
Newbee

I am getting married 1-1-11.  The color scheme is going to be silver and that winter blue color.  I want it to be seasonal without being too christmas-y.  I found a great idea for centerpeices online and went out the day after christmas and bought nearly everything I would need at 50-75% off!

http://i.ehow.com/images/GlobalPhoto/Articles/5126129/iStock000004709709XSmall-main_Full.jpg

I also am thinking about doing short dresses for my bridesmaids, I know it is winter, but I just like the look much much better.  They would have blue dresses and I am thinking it would be a cute gift to give them silver uggs, not to wear at the ceremony of course,  but it would make for a couple cute pictures!

If anybody has any thoughts or ideas I would love to hear them, especially about the date. I have not officially announced it yet except to close friends and family and am kind of nervous about making people mad for picking this day, but most people have ben pretty receptive. Has anyone ever been to a new years wedding?

Post # 8
18 posts
Newbee

So what are you guys thinking about your dress? Because we are doing winter weddings, are there any certain styles you think will be more fitting or any that would look silly for a wedding in January? I personally am thinking I want to do somethinng sparkely to fit in with the new years theme.  I really like the dress “Grace” by Kenneth Pool because it looks like it has a snowflake on the top of it, but I think I might be too petite for a dress like that. We’ll see though, I have yet to try anything on.

Post # 9
4765 posts
Honey bee

@Shellybeth – Uh, yeah, I’m totally ignoring the fact that my wedding is in winter and doing exactly what I want, hahaha! My colors are gray and yellow, my girls will probably be in short dresses (unless they just really want to wear long ones) and I didn’t even think about it being winter when I picked out my dress! 🙂

Post # 10
18 posts
Newbee

@amanda – Haha yeah, you and I pretty mumh have the same train of thought.  I am doing short dresses too,my sisters about had heart attacks when I told them but they will live! The difference between me and you though is in South Bend we will probably have at least a foot of snow on the ground (if I am lucky, I want to be married while it is snowing) I dont know if texas will have that problem! Oh well haha

Post # 11
4765 posts
Honey bee

@Shelly – very true…I definitely won’t have a snow problem!!

Post # 12
664 posts
Busy bee

@ Talishazwi – I suddenly feel very behind compared to all that you have done! My tasks for this month are to begin looking for bridesmaids dresses, book the caterer and maybe florist and also book the videographer (my cousin is a photographer, so I don’t have to worry about booking her!!) I haven’t done any DIY’s yet, I’m kind of lost as to where to even begin!

@Shelly – I think the Uggs would be adorble!!

Post # 13
110 posts
Blushing bee

1-11-11 here!! It feels like forever away!!! But here’s what I have done…

-I’ve got my ceremony/reception site chosen.

-Color scheme (orange, green and gray)

-BM’s dresses picked (well mostly…I just got the fabric sample today and it might be a bit too “mossy green” for my liking?? I dunno. do all of the shades have to match perfectly???)

-FI’s tie and the groomsmens’ ties. Oh and I’m having a bridesMAN, so he’ll be wearing the same suit as the groomsmen, but a different color tie, obviously matching the BM’s.

-Photographer chosen (I’m a photographer, so this was pretty much chosen first)

-I’m getting my dress custom made (i think…but I’ve got a list into my seamstress of what I do and don’t want + color. By The Way, my dress is going to be a silver gray…i’m STOKED!!)

-Flowers chosen, just need to find a florist.

-STD’s already done and designed, just need to get them printed and sent out.

Ummmm….I think that it for now??

Planning a destination wedding is slightly difficult tho!!

Post # 14
2 posts
Wannabee

I’m getting married 1-7-11!  I agree that it feels like forever away but at the same time I feel behind already!

So far I have my wedding dress, picked my colors (black and champagne) and booked a venue.  This month is concentrating on photographer/videographer and Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses!

I’m a huge DIY bride so I am looking for really different centerpieces I can make myself and transport (we’re having a destination wedding!) 

@Shelly I think the Uggs are an awesome idea and I don’t think anyone will mind going to a new years day wedding!!

Post # 15
555 posts
Busy bee

I just saw this! How exciting. I am also getting married on January 16 in Philly. I just have the invites and some small details to do but the whole thing is planned. I am a little weird.

Post # 16
18 posts
Newbee

So @wintermouse, you are having a destination wedding?! Tell us, where is it going to be?? 🙂

The topic ‘Jan 2011 Board!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors