(Closed) Jan. 2011 Brides–March to-do list?

posted 8 years ago in January 2011
Post # 3
454 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

10 months to go… YAY. Well all the website to do lists have these things listed for month 10:

• Determine what customs &/or traditions personalized vows, readings &/or exchanges you want to include (DONE)

My fiance and i have decided we would like to include many of our irish/scottish traditions. Including a handfasting, bag pipes, kilt (for Mr JB only), a pepple wishing lake, etc

• Select and meet with wedding officiant (DONE)

Our officiant will be our pastor. We do still need to set up wedding counseling however

• Sample, Design, & book wedding cake (sorta done)

We already know who we’re going with and the two types of wedding cake we’re using. I haven’t decided on his groom’s cake yet though. And we’re still working on a design for the wedding cake. And I’m 95% sure what his groom’s cake will be (I’m SOOOO excited).

I really don’t keep a “TO DO” list per say, I do have a checklist that I try to follow roughly, but I’m not too worried about it if it doesn’t happen right when the list says do it.

However this month I want to:

• decide on our vendor for sure and put them in contract. Which will be VERY hard as my fiance and I love the place but my mom isn’t happy with it (my parents are payig for most of it)
  • Start trying on wedding dresses. Which also won’t be easy as I don’t want to go without my mom and someone has to be with my grandma all the time, but  we’re the only ones who care for her, and she can’t spend over a few hours in town
  • continue to search for bridesmaids dresses online. Which is also daunting as I want something unique and just haven’t found it in the 3/4 months I’ve been looking
  • get a fiber optic centerpiece to try out for a mock up (REALLY EXCITED!)

Good Luck on getting your March to do list done!

Post # 5
454 posts
Helper bee

KansasPrincess11: Thanks for the suggestion. We have one in our town that we’d be willing to go to.Their are actually two, but we had a bad experience with them in the past. I’ve picked out some styles and designers I like. YAY! I love looking at all the gowns.

Post # 7
5388 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

This month I plan on purchasing my accessories for my dress, order my save the dates, and booking a photographer. We may start our registry too since our parties will start taking place within the next few months.

Post # 9
144 posts
Blushing bee

@KansasPrincess – YAY for date twins! Do you realize that we finally broke into the 200s now!?!?

My March list consisted of the following:

• Order wedding dress (DONE – TODAY!! I’ve had it picked since December)
  • Book Photographer (Done)
  • Research and interview DJs (Done and booking with them tomorrow)
  • Research and interview florists (Done and have picked one we love! Not booked yet though)
  • Continue to create our DIY invites
  • Find my bridal jewelry
  • Set up pre-marital counseling

I realize I’m really ahead of the game but I feel like I’m so behind when I have a few days of doing nothing! Hahah!

Post # 10
5388 posts
Bee Keeper

@KansasPrincess:lol.  We will be sending out our Save-The-Date Cards in April/May. The orginal person that I wanted to place an order from shut down their etsy store. Luckily I had someone else in mind. We will be ordering of Save-The-Date Cards from Magnet Street.

Post # 12
5388 posts
Bee Keeper

@KansasPrincess11: Since our wedding is on a holiday we are mailing them out before the 6 month mark.

Post # 14
5388 posts
Bee Keeper

Lol. My parents wanted us to use your date because they were concerned about availabilty, but I thought it would be cool to have NYD. I orginally wanted NYE, but it would have been hard to do with our church having Watch Meet.

Post # 15
144 posts
Blushing bee

Sounds like we are all moving along very well!! So exciting! Just this week I booked our DJ and ordered my dress! And I’m currently working on finding bridesmaid jewelry… and having a hard time with it!!

Here is a pic of my dress on the model!  I LOVE IT!

The topic ‘Jan. 2011 Brides–March to-do list?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors