(Closed) Jan. 2011 Brides, when are you registering?

posted 8 years ago in January 2011
Post # 3
5823 posts
Bee Keeper

As a “Been There Done That” bride I’d like to give some advice.  Don’t register too early!  Try to wait!  Or if you do register, don’t tell people where you’ve registered until you send out the invites.  The reason I say this is because there are SIX seasons in retail.  And when one season ends, a lot of the items for that season go on sale, then on clearance, then are discontinued.  So you may end up with only half of a china set or with mismatching cutlery, etc.  I had A LOT of the items on my registries come up as “No Longer Available” right after I sent out my invites!  I had to register for replacements, and I was worried people would be out shopping for all the stuff that wouldn’t even be there.

Post # 5
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

i’m going to register around september because my maid of honor was thinking of throwing the bridal shower in october.  i figured this worked well in avoiding the holiday time but wasn’t too early.  

Post # 6
382 posts
Helper bee

we’re registered! we got it done a little early since my fiance is deploying in June, but i’m glad we have it done a little early. i can always go back online and add more items/change items online. i agree with @mightysapphire — never too soon!

Post # 7
1148 posts
Bumble bee

We registered already. I check in on the lists about once a month to make sure stuff is still in stock. We did ours early because Fiance works in the restaurant business and so he gets very busy in the summer. We just decided to get it out of the way early.

Post # 8
78 posts
Worker bee

hsearle, you and I are date twins! Our wedding is Jan 15th also, and my fiance is deployed right now as well. He comes home in Nov and I can’t wait. Good luck to you!

Post # 10
198 posts
Blushing bee

We are going to be registering in the next couple weeks. Anyone care to share their experiences?? Where did you register? How did it go? I’m looking forward to it 🙂

Post # 11
1148 posts
Bumble bee

@beth1125 I’ll share. We went to Bed Bath & Beyond together, JCPenney by myself, Willimas-Sonoma online, and Macys online. Our favorite by far was BB&B. They were seriously awesome and told us everything we wanted to know. Everyone was super nice and unlike some other girls, we walked around by ourselves. I know in some stores though that it’s commonplace to be walked around by the bridal consultant.

I hated my experience at JCP. The first store I went to was very intimidating (the employees were very unprofessional). I ended up having to drive an extra hour to another store because the close one here had their system crash. After I got to the new store, I was completely confused by the kiosk, but your only choice is to call a “hotline” to talk to a bridal consultant. I eventually figured it out, but I couldn’t find much that I wanted. Eventually I just went home. I cancelled my JCP registry because the one item I liked from there I found on Macy’s. It was actually kind of difficult to cancel as I couldn’t find the link to do it and had to just call them and have them do it.

Williams-Sonoma was fine. We have browsed their stuff a lot. My only disappointments had to be the inability to add food to the list (we wanted some of the demi-glazes and salts) and I’ve already had 2 items go out of stock, one of which I was kind of excited about.

Macy’s I did online after I cancelled my JCP registry. I found a set of glasses from JCP on there that I loved and I also realized that the Macys in my hometown is bigger and has more stuff than the JCP, so it ended up working out well. I also recieved a follow-up phone call from them to come in and register in person. The only odd thing about this registry was that I couldn’t choose the store in the town I live in, but I could choose the one in my hometown.

Post # 12
198 posts
Blushing bee

Thanks Toffee!! How long ago did you register? Are you having any trouble with things going out of stock (aside from those you mentioned)? I know we are a little early but won’t have time later!

Post # 13
664 posts
Busy bee

We are already registered at BB&b but we haven’t decided where else we’re going to yet. We had a great experience with BB&B, and although it’s early, I check weekly to make sure nothing has gone out of stock, and to make changes! lol We plan on registering at 2 other places soon!

Post # 14
2788 posts
Sugar bee

Thank you for reminding me about this! We are having our engagement party in July, so I think we will start registering in a few weeks or so.

The topic ‘Jan. 2011 Brides, when are you registering?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors