(Closed) Jan 2011– Bridesmaids Dresses?

posted 8 years ago in January 2011
Post # 3
617 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: July 2009

We went and picked them out on the 17th.  I think what you are asking is reasonable.  I asked that they have floor length, strapless and the same dresses.  They all settled on these Jim Hjelm dresses.  I called around to various bridal shops after they picked them out and got them for 15% off because one of hte shops was having a trunk show.  Bonus for me is they are giving me a yard of fabric so I can make the ring bearer’s pillow and wrap their bouquets! ๐Ÿ™‚

The color will be plum.

[attachment=926603,114504]

Post # 4
617 posts
Busy bee

Oh and to answer your other question, you have plenty of time.  The dresses take about 3 months to come in generally so you should be in no rush.  We just happened to get this discount now so they have to order within 60 days.  

Post # 5
1315 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

You’ve plenty of time. I ordered the dress I liked for mine, and they’re all delighted with it, so I ordered 3 more. Now if nobody gets pregnant this year, we’re sound!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 6
273 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2011

i *think* i’ve picked out the bridesmaid dresses but i’m holding off on the final decision.  partly because i’m not sure if i want it to be knee-length or floor-length.  the other reason is because the bridal salon i was looking at told me they were getting more dresses in July and that i would have more than enough time if i decided to wait.

i think you’re being reasonable with picking out a color and fabric and a length.  i definitely think the fabric should be the same or at least complement each other.  as for other boundaries, that’s up to you and the “vision” you’re going for.  what color are you looking at?  i think that’s smart sending a sample.  maybe include the fabric name with the sample?  i’m an idiot when it comes to fabrics so i would need the name if i was looking for a dress.

hooray for mid-January weddings!

Post # 7
1560 posts
Bumble bee

I’m letting my girls pick their own style as long as it’s the same fabric/color so I won’t know until they okay them with me!

Post # 8
5388 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I picked their dresses in Jan. I picked the twist dress tops from DB. They are all going to wear the samee dress and choose the way they want to wear their tops. They will order them in January.

Post # 9
664 posts
Busy bee

We chose ours also! I think you’ve definitely given the girls plenty of time and mine are also tea length ๐Ÿ™‚ Here’s what we decided on…

In Pale Blue

[attachment=927589,114622]

Post # 10
1148 posts
Bumble bee

You should have plenty of time. I only have two girls to dress and I just told them to buy whatever they wanted in green as long as it’s semi-conservative so that there isn’t a lot of cleavage showing. I don’t think either one has even glanced at dresses yet, but I’m starting to think that I should maybe bug them about it a little so that if they have to order them, they’ll have time.

Post # 12
4765 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2011 - Vintage Villas

You have plenty of time! My girls are picking their own dresses and they’ve really only just now started looking. Dresses don’t take too long to come in!

Post # 13
382 posts
Helper bee

I think tea-length is totally appropriate. We opted for floor length for formality-sake and because it’s going to be COLD in January in Minne-snow-ta! ๐Ÿ™‚

Here’s my girls’ bmaids dresses — they are from the Priscilla of Boston Vineyard Collection. We’re getting them in the color shown, called “Platinum.”

Post # 14
144 posts
Blushing bee

I really wanted to do short dresses but changed my mind when I realized how cold my girls would be in January in Chicago! All that snow! Plus, I really fell in love with some of the longer dresses. But I think it is totally fine to do short dresses!!

Here are my girls’ dresses. They picked the dress and I picked the color/designer: 

Post # 15
617 posts
Busy bee

@hsearle I LOVE those!!  They are so classic yet trendy.  Gorgeous!

@TP I love that color!  I seriously considered that for my wedding but my cousin had just used it. 

Nice choices all!

The topic ‘Jan 2011– Bridesmaids Dresses?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors