(Closed) Jan. 2012 Mr. Bee’s Plan Pact

posted 6 years ago in Waiting
Post # 3
184 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

I’m down for this. I was thinking of making it part of my new year’s resolution. Checking in will also help me with this. Yay! I’m excited for this 🙂

Post # 4
1212 posts
Bumble bee

Totally down for this!

Post # 5
2999 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

Count me in…I need this more than you can imagine

Post # 6
115 posts
Blushing bee

Weekly Check-In:

Having been a part of the last thread, I’m going to keep up my tradition of weekly check-in’s. Thank you for starting this new thread for 2012!

I’m happy to report I survived the Holidays even though I was a little disappointed going into them knowing I shouldn’t expect a proposal. After all the worrying/disappointment, I actually had a great Holiday season with my SO. There were no awkward questions from SO’s family, and we gave eachother the most thoughtful, perfect gifts. We had great quality time together, and I think we are both really looking forward to a fresh year of 2012.

That being said, I’m happy to report, no talk of engagement/weddings have come up at all in the last few weeks, and I’ve noticed the longer I go without dwelling on it, the easier it is! I think the Holiday season having passed is also easier because the stress is now gone of seeing others do what we all think about.

I also am happy to say we’ve been making use of our new gym memberships alot, and it’s a great way for me to get some de-stress time on my own and meet new people. Working out has really made me much happier at the end of the day. I’m also getting more involved in work and sticking to my monthly Book Club reads.

I’ve made it a point to make some good resolutions for myself and my goal this year is to focus on me and feel healthy! Here’s to a new year and good thoughts for all the lovely bees!

Post # 7
301 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I’m so in. I’ve been meaning to figure out what my 2012 New Years resolutions would be, and this is right up there at #1!

Post # 8
1131 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Too hard! And we’re finally just getting to the point where we can talk about e rings and look at them!

Post # 9
1131 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

Good luck to you guys!

Post # 10
2999 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

@WestCoast: We’ve looked and he says he’s serious but I still don’t have a timeline and it just turns into an arguement everytime =( grrr I’ve gotta try my best with this. I hope things work out for you!!

Post # 11
748 posts
Busy bee

Haha I’m in on it! I’ve been a waiting bee on the boards for about half a year now, expecting the ring and proposal in the second half of 2012. Unfortunately my Boyfriend or Best Friend thinks he shouldn’t propose until after I graduate college, which will be this May (he’s a little older than me, this seems to have something to do with his deicision). He also wants to ask my dad (probably in person, which will be at my graduation).

I’m having dreams of us getting married or planning a wedding almost every night, which is really tough not to talk about. Ironically, it’s not that I think about getting engaged that much, they just happen. It might also be that a lot of my friends are getting engaged around the holidays, and his sister is engaged and almost ready to deliver a baby (any day now!)… but I know he’s annoyed when I bring it up often and wants to make it a complete surprise so I try to keep it all hush-hush. I’ve been working out to get in shape and get my mind off of this! Hahah I really don’t know how I’m going to last for another half a year or year… hopefully no more than that! LOL

Post # 12
1013 posts
Bumble bee

I AM IN ON THIS!!

I realized this new year that i had been nagging and going insane with the wedding talk! So i’ve officially stopped. I know it should be coming soon but i gotta keep busy until then!! 

Post # 13
320 posts
Helper bee

I’m still on board Mr Bee’s plan as well! In addition, I successfully finished out 2011 in compliance with the “Christmas Challenge”, without mention of engagement or marriage during the whole month of December. While neither tactic has yet to bring any changes to the engagement situation, it atleast feels good not to waste my breath and energy on bringing the topic up.

We all got money in some sort of denomination over the holidays (my parents gave him $100!!). What did SO buy? Audio equipment for his truck. Sigh. I didn’t get too upset because it was gift money and he should get to spend that on himself. I think what irritated me so much about it is that SO got to get something that he really really wanted, while I still have to wait and wait and wait for what I really want because I don’t have control 🙁 

My resolutions this year are:

1) to continue to abstain from bringing up marriage

2) to lose 20 lbs, I’m tired of buying bigger and bigger clothes, and feeling uncomfortable in my own body. That involves getting to the gym regularly and eating more healthy foods!

3) to spend more time with my girl friends

4) try, try, TRY not to dwell on whether or not I will be engaged by the end of 2012 (pretty sure the answer to that question is a big NO, so I’d rather not waste my energy and stress over wondering, lol)

Post # 14
153 posts
Blushing bee

I’m trying hard! I failed a couple days ago, but I’m determined to not mention it again!

bf joked with me the other day when we were cleaning up his room “what if I already have the ring? you’d never find it!”

I’m pretty sure he doesn’t have it though, but what a jerk for teasing me! lol…

Post # 15
153 posts
Blushing bee

and I’m also making some additional resolutions…

lose weight (20 lbs would be nice!)

exercise more

spend more time with friends

enjoy our relationship in the here and now, instead of getting stressed over engagement!

Smile let’s all make 2012 the best year yet!

Post # 16
1212 posts
Bumble bee

Ok. So I’m about 8 days in to my promise to my Boyfriend or Best Friend to not mention getting married. But since this is a New Years dealio I’ll just go with 5. I can see the next year and a half stretching out in front of me like a vast proposal-less wasteland. I feel really bad because I may have to break the pact within the next two days here. I updated the ring I wanted which means that I may have to send my Boyfriend or Best Friend the new link. *sigh*. I’m trying really hard to make no mention of any wedding related thing EVER.

I’m just going to have to throw myself into my new nail salon. Sometimes I feel like I should take a break from WB because it keeps me surrounded my wedding stuff and right now I just want to forget weddings even exist.

The topic ‘Jan. 2012 Mr. Bee’s Plan Pact’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors