(Closed) Jan. 2012 Mr. Bee’s Plan Pact

posted 10 years ago in Waiting
Post # 32
96 posts
Worker bee

Weekly Check In:

This week, I did an okay job at not stressing myself out over marriage, but I did have a small blip last weekend that I wrote a post about.

http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/shoulda-woulda-couldasorry-its-a-little-long

I’m happy that even though I brought something up about it last weekend, it was a good quick conversation, and I didn’t dwell on his answers (or non-answers :)) and I went about my day. Part of my concerns was an upcoming vacation, and instead of dwellinlg on it not being wedding-related, I am taking it by the horns and have had fun planning it out with him. I have a hard time dropping things when I should and focusing on the negative, so I’m glad that this scenario has been an improvement for me.

I’ve done a great job at keeping up with working out this week, and I even met 2 friends at the gym that are excited to try some classes out with me, so more girl time and me time!

My SO started his new semester of classes this week in the evenings, so I’ll have more time to myself this Spring, and I’m excited to get into better shape on my own at the gym.

Post # 33
44 posts
Newbee

I htink I need to jump on board with this one, I have 2 friends getting married in the next 3 months and I know it is going to make me want to keep brining it up with him so Here is my pledge to stop talking about it. To focus on getting fit, losing weight and driving my business forward. We have an anniversary at the start of June and I think he might be working to that timescale and but I need to take the pressure off him and focus on me for a while!

I’ll Check in next week and let you know how i’m doing!

RB

xxx

Post # 34
1869 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

My weekly check in-

I decided to do the backup plan. So far, I’ve started looking for a new gym and took my first pole dancing class yesterday. It rocked! I’m also making it a point to hang out with female friends more. I have to admit- I kinda feel bad doing this because SO doesn’t have many male friends (He says they aren’t near him but that’s hardly the truth. They never call, ask him to hang out, etc) One big step for me was taking back the tv. SO usually picks the shows and I don’t mind but sometimes ‘How its Made’ gets old ya know?? Well, I just found out SVU is on Netflix so guess what’s been playing a lot?! Oh yaaaaa Benson and Stabler on the TV for hours!

I admit, we have had an engagement talk but nothing crazy bad. Mostly my brother getting engaged sparked it. We had a mini argument and it of course bothered me. He said he wont make any move till “Bridemania” is over (my BFF having her wedding in May) but then he says some bs about my brothers wedding which isnt until next year??? I said it pissed me off that he’s so intent on not basing his life and choices around other peoples’ and then starts saying how he wont do something because of everyone else. Bit hypocrital if you ask me….But I do know he wouldnt be proposing on a stereotypical day eg Vday, NYE, birthday, anniversary and that he wants to be dating for 2 years which is in August.

And I left him a picture of a really nice ring setting on etsy that I adore….

Hoping this gets easier because I’m just tired of talking about it.

Post # 35
1015 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

After our big argument last weekend, I’ve been working on the backup plan (not really that I had planned it that way, but that’s what I’m doing and it happens to have a name!).  I splurged on some things from LUSH (and bought new clothes for work) and took a luxurious bath last night.  I made a bunch of dr’s appointments I’ve been putting off (dentist and dermatologist).  Plan to check out a new yoga studio tomorrow.  I haven’t heard from him since Tuesday; I kind of suspect he will want to talk to me today but I wasn’t able to get my class lecture downloaded last night so I’ll have to watch it today and put off talking with him (we’re LDR).

I think about him and the relationship a lot.  I wonder if this is really for me; I’ve always wanted to be married and have a “partner in crime”, but always have had a difficult time with relationships in general; this relationship, until the argument last weekend, I thought was really great and he was the one for me.  I’m frustrated that it feels he’s “flip-flopped” on getting married and won’t give me a time frame.  I’ve decided on a date when I’m going to call it quits if he doesn’t propose; by that time I would have waited for two years (and we would have been together for three) and I think that’s more than enough time to him to “think about it” and save for a ring.

On a happier note, I’ve decided to start working on a new red dress for V-day (sewing is one of my hobbies).  I think if I start this weekend I’ll be able to get it done in time. 

Post # 36
1869 posts
Buzzing bee

@Anise: You sound like me =)

I went to the doctors after I signed up for the pact. I’m looking at eye surgery for myself to correct a hereditary problem. Am hoping to pick up my sewing and the next few weeks. Also started sexy dancing classes =D.

I have a 2 yr date set, myself. Its hard to not think about it and enjoy what we have until then.

Post # 37
7553 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: April 2019

I am in!

I need to see friends more and focus on spending some me time rather than all my spare time with him. And I think he deserves a break from all the wedding/engagement talk!

Post # 38
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2012

Hey girls hugs πŸ™‚ my SOP proposed the day after christmas. I was really suprised, the wedding will be in June heres some ring bling 4 ya πŸ™‚ hugs ladies and thank you for helping to keep me calm and during the waiting period πŸ™‚

Post # 39
1015 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@jpalm13: good luck with the eye surgery!  What kind of dance do you do?  I take an Argentine Tango class once a week.  πŸ™‚  I used to go with my bf, but since I moved he quit going.  πŸ™

Post # 41
743 posts
Busy bee

Oh my fellow waiting bees.  Hows it all going?

Pretty good for me actually. Why? Cause were going on vacation soon!! *insert Beach Boys song, Aruba, Jamaica…oooo i wanna take ya”

I’m so excited to go on our first vacation alone together i’m not focused on a proposal at all!  He told me this weekend he knows we will get married and have kids soon and he cant wait (to try having kids…he was definitley coming on to me while i folded laundry ahahaha) so i havent really been anxious at all. He knows its hard to wait. 

Post # 42
272 posts
Helper bee

Weekly check-in: Not a lot to report, ladies. Haven’t brought up engagement at all (go me!) and neither has SO..  Been keeping myself busy cooking, hitting the gym and doing some organizing and giving away around the house. I lost a pound this week!

Post # 43
61 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: September 2012

Hi Ladies,

Weekly check in for me: I was lying low for a bit, because I was getting my application in for graduate school- which I finished last Friday! Wish me luck! So that’s one huge thing I have been busy chipping away at. I also applied for a job recently. Anyhow, I think Mr Bees plan does work, because last week SO had a big chat with me about our future. He was worried I might be taking on too much in the next year with “grad school, a new job, working full time, planning a wedding and starting a family”….sorry what?!! Let’s back it up a second! I had to remind him that he hasn’t even asked me to marry him yet, to which his response was “well not officially but it’s coming soon!” I said “well until then, I’m just keeping all my options open”. So last week while trying to find a site I had visited the day before, I noticed that he had looked into two of my preferred wedding venues and securing a line of credit. I almost died Bees! Now all I want to do is talk to him about it -which I will not do. This plan has worked so far and now we might be closer to an engagement!  Now I need this plan more than ever! Here’s to another week of not mentioning weddings or engagement.

Post # 44
1869 posts
Buzzing bee

@Anise: Turns out I actually can’t get eye surgery because my brain doesn’t communicate with my eyes properly. Glasses for life is my destiny = I found a groupon for pole dancing down the street from my apt and its actually quite fun!! Its helping me get out of the apt and away from my man so I don’t dwell on engagements! I wish I could get my SO to go to dance classes. =(

Post # 45
743 posts
Busy bee

Is it just me or is it like you have to take things day by day?

One day i’m totally fine, the next im resentful. Ugh. 

Post # 46
2281 posts
Buzzing bee

I’m in !! I’ll start this week and keep you updated !! πŸ™‚ 

The topic ‘Jan. 2012 Mr. Bee’s Plan Pact’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors