(Closed) January 2013 Brides: Where are you honeymooning?

posted 6 years ago in January 2013
Post # 3
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2013

I have the same question. I am in Southern California and Vegas is standard, but I hate Vegas in the winter, too cold..trying to figure something else out!

Post # 4
46 posts
Newbee

oops..i thought this said bachelortte party..haha…wondering about honeymoons too!

Post # 5
1587 posts
Bumble bee

No honeymoon for us… but our next vacation will be about a year after the wedding to LA to see a Lakers game, its our favorite team and wanna make it to a game before we start a family. 

Post # 6
218 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

We live in southern calaifornia and we are going to go to lake Tahoe for a week after the wedding

Post # 7
546 posts
Busy bee

We are waiting until the summer Fiance is a teacher and then doing a multi-city baseball/camping trip.  Probably not normal but totally us.  Thinking of heading north (I am in the mid-atlantic) and ending up in Toronto so we can hit Niagara Falls.  We hvae to wait for the baseball schedule to come out this fall to plan.

Post # 8
10 posts
Newbee

We are going on a 12 day Carribean Cruise. I am so excited! We live in New England so this will be heaven for us.

Post # 9
57 posts
Worker bee

We’re not certain yet about the honeymoon. There’s been some talk about my Future In-Laws wanting to pay for us to go somewhere really nice, but it’s not set in stone yet (as it would be a gift at this point, we were planning originally to pay for our honeymoon ourselves). But regardless, we want to go south/to a tropicl beach (if we can afford it and I have the leave to do so), since we’re in the mid-atlantic and it’s COLD in January (usually. But there have been plenty of instances in recent years where it’s been like 60* outside!). We’re waiting a few months until I know where I’ll be working and how much leave I’ll have before we plan anything relating to the honeymoon.

Post # 10
3 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: December 1969

We’re doing a few-part honeymoon!  First we’re flying to Cabo (from CT–brrr!) for five nights to just relax and do NOTHING.  I think 5 days is about the max we can lay around doing nothing, so after that we’re flying to LA, then renting a car and driving out to Vegas via Palm Springs.  Two nights in Palm Springs, and three in Vegas.  We love Vegas, so it was a must!  I love talking honeymoons and travel…if anyone needs suggestions, let me know!  So far we just have our flights booked, no hotels yet. 

Post # 11
9 posts
Newbee

I am in the South (FLorida) so we are thinking of going skiing. I know this is crazy to all the northeners, but we are already at a beach and want a change of scenery! Plus us southerners get all happy over snow….

What’s everyone’s colors? I am stressing over decor and bridesmaids dress colors!

Post # 12
29 posts
Newbee

Thailand and I have yet to find out if we should DIY the itinerary & book the tours/hotels on our own or just buy a package. Still busy finding my dress! LOL

Post # 13
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

Belize!

Post # 14
4439 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

We live in Michigan and we’re going to the Florida Keys for a week πŸ™‚

Post # 15
701 posts
Busy bee

@mchitt329:  We are also going to Florida! We just booked the resort on Wednesday πŸ™‚

Post # 16
4439 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: January 2013 - Harbourfront Grand Hall

@mayahpay:  I hope the weather is nice!  But coming from MI, anything will be warmer!  We’re staying a few nights in each of the keys.  Where are you going to be in FL?

The topic ‘January 2013 Brides: Where are you honeymooning?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors