(Closed) January 2014 Babies – Part 3!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 452
485 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@aliciapdx:  Congrats on getting married!! So exciting!! I got the sonoline b fetal doppler..Its freaking awesome!!

Post # 453
485 posts
Helper bee

@ScottishMrs:  It was amazing!! I couldnt believe it!!  Little peanut was beating away πŸ™‚

Post # 455
3110 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: May 2018

@aliciapdx:  I’ve had 2 transvaginal ultrasounds and I was asked to empty my bladder beforehand. They had me hold it for the abdominal one tho. Check before so you don’t torture yourself for no reason!

Post # 456
485 posts
Helper bee

@aliciapdx:  Ive had two transvaginal u/s and they told me to empty my bladder. I heard that when they do a abdominal one is when you drink bunches of water..I could be wrong..

Post # 457
485 posts
Helper bee

@ScottishMrs:  Yay for another milestone!! No more temping!!!

Post # 458
485 posts
Helper bee

@ScottishMrs:  Wow its time for feb babies already!!  Looks like this may be it ladies!! We may have a few more join!! So glad to be apart of this grop with you wonderful ladies!! WE ROCK!!

Post # 459
485 posts
Helper bee

@ScottishMrs:  I will be 9 weeks Thursday!! I tried to find my doppler on amazon.ca but it’s not on there..I was going to send you a link..Can you order from amazon.com..not sure what shipping would be though πŸ™ You are right about that!! Hearing the heart beat on my couch was a very special milestone!! CRAZY

Post # 460
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

@MrsEagleEye: So sorry to about your loss.  You’re in my prayers.

Post # 461
128 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

I love reading everyone’s updates.  I was wondering about the water holding thing though, as I wasn’t told anything like that when making my appointment.  I’m sure they would have mentioned it if they needed me to do that, don’t you think?  8 days from tomorrow is my 1st appointment! πŸ™‚

I am definitely in the MS club πŸ™  I literally did nothing all weekend long.  I napped, whined, and napped some more.  DH was sick so we were miserable together.  I haven’t puked as for now, but have ran to the bathroom a number of times.  If I could get away with it, I wouldn’t eat anything at all these days.  Every type of food makes me want to throw up, but I know that the MS subsides for a while if my stomach is full, so I force myself to eat.  I get so hungry, then after 3 bites I feel like I just ate at a Chinese buffet. Oy.

Anyone who has already had their 1st appointment want to give me some advice/details?  What should I expect?  Anything happen you weren’t expecting or ready for?  I am starting to get nervous!

Post # 462
1285 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@MademoiselleL:  So happy to hear that update!

@ScottishMrs:  Can you instead say “Let’s start practicing for baby #2”?

I think I am officially starting to get MS and fatigue. This morning, I wasn’t able to sleep, but opening my eyes took too much work. My stomach started doing flip flops on the train into work (which sucked! I usually walk into work but today I don’t think I would have made it without being seriously tempted to nap on a bench). As much as feeling poopy sucks, I’m so excited to start getting symptoms beyond sore boobs and abdominal cramping! Darling Husband has been reading “the expectant father” and informed me that mothers who have MS have smarter babies. I didn’t want to burst his bubble and tell him 80% of mothers get MS, but it was adorable he was ready with some info to make me feel better.

Post # 464
2195 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2011

@Lyndzo:  much like @lroetheli:  said, for a transvag they actually want an empty bladder, so if you aren’t donig an abdominal and transvag, and transvag only I’d call to confirm what your prep should be. My first u/s at 7 weeks was abdominal (with full bladder) then transvag after i was able to empty the water out.

Some good advice from my u/s tech’s at my fertility clinic was to only drink what you know your bladder can handle. If it says to drink 4 glasses of water, or 32oz for example, and you know you normally will have to pee your pants after 2 glasses… just have the 2 glasses. Sometimes you can overfill it and it doens’t help the techs anyways and they’ll ask you to pee out “some”  LOL. Not cool. Nevermind how painful it is when you’ve had too much. I try to drink about a glass an hour before my appt and then chug another glass or glass and a half on the way to the appt and it has always been enough for a great u/s and not enough to be uncomfortable. πŸ™‚ Good luck!!!

Post # 465
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

So I just had the U/S and I’m waiting in the ER for the results. The doctor here has to tell me, ?Canadian law or something.

BUT the U/S lady put her hand on my arm and whispered “there is a strong heartbeat” before leaving to let me change.

So I’m waiting for the doctor and feeling excited. FX! 

Post # 466
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@StaceyA:  they wanted the water, they did abdominal first. Then asked me to empty and they did it transvaginal. That seems to be the norm here. I handled the water pretty well πŸ™‚ 

The topic ‘January 2014 Babies – Part 3!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors