(Closed) January 2014 Babies – Part 3!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 482
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@MrsRugbee:  congrats!

So I have ONE baby in my uterus, with a heart rate of 137 bpm! No picture but hoping to get one at my regular U/S on Monday 🙂

Post # 484
3028 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@ScottishMrs:  yay on no more temping…I stopped day 1, waking up early and hearing the beep was over and done with!

@lroetheli: @mamadingdong:  @prettyjen82:@StaceyA: Okay thanks.  I just called the hospital to double check and here’s what the u/s tech hold me (about 15 mins and 4 transfers to 3 diff locations…grrr!) I need to drink the water and hold for the pelvic u/s so things will be “clearer” and “easier to see.”  Then I can pee, and then if needed I will have  transvaginal u/s- depending on what the tech can see.  The point of the water is to expand the bladder for a clearer view and she stated that it is sometimes difficult to see anything w/o it this early on so they always do them like this there but it’s likley to be the only one w/ the water hold.  Also a doctor will need to tell me the results, so that might be another day or so after.  

@prettyjen82:  Thanks, might buy it after my u/s next week.  Might freak me out if I didn’t hear anything for a while.

@PrincessMerida:  Call and check abou the water drinking thing, the hospital told me on the phone to drink 32oz of water an hr before hand.  It’s how they do all 1st u/s/  Check the reason I was given above.  Seems each hospital/clinic is different.  

@Lyndzo:  Yay for strong heartbeat!

NBR: I pick up my dress later today!  I am in a grumpy mood since my *husband* was to leave me cash today since I had to pay for the ceremony yesterday so I can get my haircut as we are having the pictures done next week.  He forgot and there is only 1 time I can move to it which is cutting it so close to something I NEED to do the day before we leave I am worried that I will be too late to the appt if there is the slightest bit of traffic.  They have a 15 minute late rule…fingers X I make it!  If not I will be cutting it myself before I will go to someone new this close to something this (expensive) and important.  Grrrr!  I knew he was going to forget it this morning.  AHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhHH!!!

Post # 486
3028 posts
Sugar bee

@MrsRugbee:  YAY!  So glad you are comfortable enough to now joing us! 

@MrsMaskatoBe:  Thansk for the tilted uterus advice, mine is “severly tilted’ so I will save myself the heartache and wait until the tech hears it on the spiffy one first before buying one. Also you are not a creeper at all!  I appreciate other women popping in to say hi, answer questions or encouragement!    

We watched Away We Go, right after I found out and last night my husband asked me if he needs to yell at me every so often like the guy did in the movie to hear a heartbeat because he “will do it!” Thanks.

Post # 487
287 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@Lyndzo:  Yay, thats a nice strong heart beat!!!!!!  This wasn’t a regular u/s.  The place I am going to today told me to bring  usb key so they can upload pictures on there as they don’t print out anymore…i found that weird!

Post # 489
791 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

@Lyndzo:  how awesome you get another u/s on monday!  I was not so secretly hoping you would have twins, but so happy to hear baby is healthy!!

Post # 490
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@lroetheli:  LOL so was I.. Kinda.

Monday’s U/S hopefully lets me have a picture. 

Thanks ladies!! <3

Post # 491
3028 posts
Sugar bee

@Lyndzo:  Exciting! Looking fwd to it!  

I am so bloated right this minute and now off to try on/pick up my wedding gown…ohboy! If I knew I would get KU 1st cycle I would have choosen a diff dress.

Post # 493
1285 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@Lyndzo:  Yeah for good news!!!

@ScottishMrs:  I’m having trouble letting go of temping too. I just don’t see it as an inconvenience, and I like plugging it into the phone/fertility friend and seeing the countdown, getting tips, etc. Maybe when the exhaustion really sets in, I’ll let it go.

Regarding stress and fertility, I read that stress doesn’t effect fertility as much as we think, but I think the studies may be limited. My person opinion is that stress can delay O, but not necessarily prevent O, so theoretically, a woman is still fertil if she O’s.  But if there is a lot of stress, the egg may not be high quality and won’t live long enough to be fertilized or have genetic abnormalities that prevent it from dividing/implanting appropriately.

@aliciapdx:  Can you give the salon a heads up. Maybe they can be a little lax on the 15 minute rule if they knew you were getting married the next day and trying like heck to get there on time. You really don’t want to be stressed and rushing while driving.

Post # 494
3028 posts
Sugar bee

This wasn’t the look I was going for (BTW this picture was found online, but was suppose to be a joke)

Post # 495
3028 posts
Sugar bee

@KH:  I think I am going to call the day of the appt and tell them to tell her I am getting “married” in 2 days.  She’s a FOF so she will def. wait around for me a bit.  The issue is the phone appt people are at a diff location, they do all the bookings for all the locations so idk if they really give messages or just pretend they do.  I was running late once before and called in and the hair dresser didn’t get a msg, but since I was in the 15 min window everything was fine.  Next week is going to be crazy! Really wish I had another vacation day to get shit done. 

The topic ‘January 2014 Babies – Part 3!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors