A girl : (8 votes)
    10 %
    I'm happy either way : (20 votes)
    24 %
  • Post # 137
    593 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

@aliciapdx:  I registered for the elephant humidifier like that.  Also, just wanted to let you know that you can create a “secret” pinterest board that only you can see.  I did it with baby stuff before we went public.  

Post # 138
    1285 posts
    Bumble bee

@StellaC:  Sorry to hear yesteday was a bad day for you. Last weekend I felt like a champ, but yesterday everything hit me again. By 8pm I was so dizzy and tired I went to bed and slept like a rock until 3.

@keepsmiling19:  My sister wants a baby, her Darling Husband wants to wait a little while longer so they are NTNP, but she is more on the TTC side. It was hard to tell her because I know she really wants it and is nervous because she is approaching that magic age where things get harder. She has been really great and supportive, I just try not to talk about it unless she brings it up.

@libanez:  I’m the same way, we both (DH and I) would love a little girl first, but every time I talk to the baby, the masculine just slips out.

I love gray nurseries! We have the guest room painted light mint green which I really like. I am considering complimenting it with light gray and creamy yellow accents, rugs and furniture.

Post # 139
    593 posts
    Busy bee

@mamadingdong:  Are you aware of the Britax promotion going on this month?  If you buy the B-Ready stroller, you get a free seat (infant seat, bassinet or second seat) for free.  We had already picked the B-Safe car seat before we knew about the promotion, so we waited until June to buy.  The B-Ready is a bit more money than the B-Agile, but it has better wheels, bigger basket, adjustable handle and very smooth ride.  It’s a little heavier and doesn’t have a one hand fold, but it folds rather easily with two.  I also wanted something that was easy to maneuver with a dog.

Post # 140
    791 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

@keepsmiling19:  as someone who experienced infertility issues, there really isn’t any way to be told the news so that it doesn’t hurt.  We are the last of our closest group of friends to get pregnant, so it was always hard to hear someone else getting pregnant without even trying, or trying very little.  We were always very happy for everyone, but it didn’t take the sting away.  I think you did the right thing by telling her (even via FB) that you are expecting, prior to making it public news, or before you got to see her again in person.  I’ve been told both ways, via text or in person, and I always appreciated being told via text because I could send my happy/congrats text (and truely mean it) but I could cry in private and not have to hide my real emotions.  I hope that doesn’t make me sound cold because I am genuinely happy for anyone that doesn’t have to experience infertility, but that’s just what was easiest for me to cope.

Post # 141
    290 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

@keepsmiling19:  This is a tough thing to handle. I have a friend who has been trying for a few years, and I am deciding how to tell her. I think I have settled on sending a group text so everyone finds out the same way. I would like to call everyone but I think it would be unfair pressure to call and expect this person to put on a really happy voice even though I know they WILL be happy for me, I also know finding out other people are expecting can sting a little. I think a text or message gives enough room to send a genuinely happy reply without the pressure of the reaction in your voice so that’s what I am going to do  ๐Ÿ™‚  I think you did the right thing!

Post # 142
    290 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2013

@lroetheli:  Thank you – your reply confirmed my decision to text  ๐Ÿ™‚ Now I feel better about it

Post # 143
    457 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: February 2013

@keepsmiling19:  I’m sorry your friend is having difficulties getting pregnant.  You told her ahead of time instead of her finding out on FB and taken completely off guard.  I think you telling her ahead of time was really nice.  I probably would have called her but in a way I’m sure it would have been hard for her to congratulate you when inside she’s been waiting so long for the same great news.  

@StellaC:  I’m glad you’re feeling better today.  I know the feeling with these boobs.  ouchh… 

@KH:  Light mint green sounds lovely!  Are you and Darling Husband going to find out the sex of the baby or wait until birth?

Post # 144
    791 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

@EquiBee2013:  glad I could help!!  one of my best friends got married in Sept, went off BC in Oct, and announced her pregnancy in Nov.  That one was especially hard to handle because we had been actively trying for a year at that point, and I had a chemical pregnancy the week before her wedding, and she knew about it.  I had text her that day to see if she had any news for me, but she never responded, then asked us later to come over.  Darling Husband and I knew going over there she was pregnant, but I really wish she would have told me in a text because I know I didn’t give her the reaction she deserved.

Post # 145
    1285 posts
    Bumble bee

@libanez:  I’m not 100% sold on finding out early, but I’m sure we will. Darling Husband really wants to know. I know a gray, green and yellow nursery is gender neutral, but I’m just not a fan of over the top pink or blue nurseries.

Post # 146
    214 posts
    Helper bee

Hi all.  I’ve been MIA for the last week and a half since we went on our babymoon (word of advice, don’t travel to a country whose cuisine is meat heavy if you are having meat aversions).  I think I caught up on most things on the plane ride back but definitely won’t be able to respond to everyone individually.  

Congratulations to all who had great appts last week!

I’ll work on updating the due date list.

Post # 147
    336 posts
    Helper bee

@StellaC:  hi! welcome to the board! Just wondering – how many weeks along are you? This is a great place to ask questions, vent and learn! ๐Ÿ™‚

@sailgrl18:  hope your babymoon was super fun despite the meat aversions!

This morning, I ate 4 ritz crackers right after I woke up and it has been helping my MS so far. My latest craving: potatoes! haha. so random. I had a baked potato and fries yesterday and definitely want to eat more fries today!

Post # 148
    336 posts
    Helper bee

@keepsmiling19:  I think you handled the situation the as well as you possibly could have. I have a feeling your friend appreciates your considering how she would feel. I don’t think there is anything else you really could do!

Post # 149
    3110 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2018

@tracylesq:  I didn’t realize! Where can I find this? I really want something lightweight and loved how easy the agile was to close with one hand, but I will checkout the other one! Thanks!

Post # 151
    214 posts
    Helper bee

Due Dates:

January 1st: relaxedabout it TEAM BLUE!, glimmeringone,  nickels, MrsLouboutin, idaho1745

January 2nd: prettyjen82, MrsPuddingface

January 4th: PlusOne

January 5th: Lindsay05, Edilee

January 6th:redhead46

January 7th: JewishBride, chkygal02

January 8th: lroetheli

January 9th: Mickey9998, nkaujyi

January 10th: MissyKris, MrsClem27

January 12th: Lyndzo

January 13th: PrincessMerida, aliciapdx

January 14th: mrscandyv, EquiBee2013,  ames12708

January 15th: courtknee379, keepsmiling19

January 18th: ScottishMrs, peacockrosebride

January 21st: RedBullFueled, Theresa90405, MrsEagleEye

January 22nd: sailgrl18, StellaC

January 23rd: IheartNYC

January 24th: TealeMarie, SaraP2012, mrsc630, MrsHowarts

January 25th: LEwife543

January 27th: KH

January 29th: destiny1120, MrsRugbee, libanez

January 30th: Prettylt

January 31st: Elayne51

EDD unknown: BookaholicBee

The topic ‘January 2014 Babies – Part 6’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors