10 %
    I'm happy either way : (20 votes)
    24 %
  • Post # 107
    294 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

@redhead46:  You got him a car???  Lucky man! Laughing

First kid for us, too. I think I’m hating most that I wasn’t able to lose weight before getting pregnant and am now just getting bigger. I (obviously) have issues with my weight (and my self-esteem about my weight) and really hate feeling so large. And then I had been so “lazy” the past 6 weeks or so, as I was completely exhausted every day and skipped the gym more often than not. And then drank milkshakes. Ugh. I’m back on track, though, and really trying to let go of my issues. I don’t want to pass these on to the baby!

I’m also incredibly hormonal/emotional lately. The past few days, it’d just been more of a quiet mood, not really feeling all that jazzy. Today, it was more all-out RAGE. So many things were so annoying to me all day, I almost cried at work about it. And if I were to try to explain why my day was so horrible, no one would understand. Because I’m a hormonal mess, GRRRR-waaaaaah!

Post # 108
    294 posts
    Helper bee

@LAZB:  Oh, that’s good to know! I would have expected it to be more expensive than that. Now I want to think about doing it, mainly for the peace of mind about the genetic issues than anything else…

Post # 109
    1844 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2012

@glimmeringone:  This. I feel this exact same way. I wanted to lose more weight before we got pregnant. I already feel heavy. I am actually nervous to start telling some people that we’re pregnant. I’m afraid they’re going to ask how far along, and when I give them the answer, they’ll be surprised that it’s not further because I look bigger. I am trying to remind myself that I can’t do anything to stop the weight gain (and…if I do, that’s not good at all for the baby), so I’ve been trying to do things that will help me now and mentally prepare myself for what I’m going to do after the baby’s born and I have clearance to exercise. It helps…maybe this will help motivate me to stick to something after the baby is born.

Post # 110
    2440 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

@glimmeringone:  Haha stupid typo, nope he got a card. I got the new car a couple weeks ago πŸ™‚

Post # 112
    485 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

@redhead46:  Thank you for your kind words!!

First time mama here!!

Post # 113
    128 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: October 2012

Hi ladies!  I really think my baby is a girl! I have had one dream where it was a girl and would be very suprised if it turns out to be a boy!  

I am with you ladies who are having trouble sleeping, for 2 reasons:  I have to pee a lot, and my wild, crazy dreams!  I feel like my mind is just working hard all night long. I have had more vivid dreams during this pregnancy than probably in the last few years.  Some are super scary, some are completely ordinary but they are all so real!  Anyone else?

I wanted to share a funny story with you all:  I saw my grandma Saturday and she said, “Oh are you starting to show already?”  My Gma is a super sweet old lady and not trying to be harsh at all, so I said “Well grandma I kind of already had a belly before so I think that’s all!” She said, “Oh I never noticed!”  It was sweet and funny and a little embarassing but oh well! πŸ™‚

Post # 115
    294 posts
    Helper bee

@keepsmiling19:  Exactly, just trying to accept things for what they are now, do what’s good for the baby, and deal with it on the back end (literally and figuratively!). That’s a long way away, though! More time to do some mental homework and “get right” up there about it, I guess. Glad I have someone who understands. Thank you. (And YES, about sharing the pregnancy and people realizing my size maybe doesn’t match the timing. Ugh.)

@redhead46:  Haha, I thought maybe you meant “card” but I was kinda hoping for an awesome, “Surprise, Dad! Here’s your new car!” story. πŸ™‚  (What car did you get?)

Post # 116
    971 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@PrincessMerida:  I’ve had a few dreams where the baby was a boy none where it was a girl and my first gut thought after BFP was that is was a boy, but it may just be wishful thinking for me =]

Post # 117
    294 posts
    Helper bee

@PrincessMerida:  I’ve had some wickedly violent dreams in the past week or two, and it’s not like a normal dream where I wake up, realize it’s a dream, and go back to sleep. Instead, I wake up scared to death, realize it’s a dream, and am too scared to fall back asleep right away! Some bloody stuff going on in my head. πŸ™

Post # 118
    2440 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: March 2012

@glimmeringone:  πŸ™‚ No we kept things cheap this year for mother’s day and father’s day.  I bought a Dodge Journey, my payment went down a little and its better on gas mileage than my previous car so hopefully it’ll save us some money.

Post # 119
    3110 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2018

@aliciapdx:  I think you could make planes work for either gender! I made my amazon registry public- go take a look around! Also feel free to check out my Pinterest- it’s Pinterest.com/first initiallastname. I need to see yours, too! 

Post # 120
    294 posts
    Helper bee

@redhead46:  Ah, cool!  

I got a call from the dealer who sold me my car last year, they somehow think I qualify for a deal to get into something new for less money, and I know they’re dead wrong! Also, I like my car the way it is! (Murano)

Post # 121
    436 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: January 2010

@redhead46:  i’m due in december and i have been looking at this exact diaper bag… how do you like it in person?

The topic ‘January 2014 Babies – Part 6’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors