(Closed) January 2014 Babies – Part 7

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: Where are we with our stats here? Just curious!
    This will be my first child! : (38 votes)
    41 %
    This will be my second child! : (5 votes)
    5 %
    This will be my third (or more) child! : (1 votes)
    1 %
    This will be my first biological child, but I have other children through my marriage/relationship! : (2 votes)
    2 %
    I am aged 16-20! : (1 votes)
    1 %
    I am aged 21-25! : (8 votes)
    9 %
    I am aged 26-30! : (20 votes)
    22 %
    I am aged 31-35! : (16 votes)
    17 %
    I am aged 36-40! : (2 votes)
    2 %
  • Post # 497
    3028 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@MissyKris:  Bwahaha, I so wish that was on here, some kind of “agree” button for things I want to acknowledge but not respond too.  

Oh I have a new due date from 1.13 to 1.11 @MrsPuddingface:  

Anyone else feel like eventhough your the pregnant one your partners is becoming moody?

Post # 498
    791 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

@ScottishMrs:  I have no idea why this person thought it was a good idea, because there are airbags!  I understand that I don’t really know the first thing about parenting, but I know better than to do this!!  My friend has an Envoy and she has to put her baby by the door because the middle seat in the back is too short.  I drive a Trailblazer, so I’m worried this will be an issue for me too.  She had a car seat check at the hospital and they said it was fine and normal, but I’m not even sure how comfortable I am with this! 

@tracylesq:  my Mother-In-Law is horrible about giving things to our dog!  Darling Husband moved back home for a few months before we bought our house (I was still living with my parents) and he took our dog to stay with him.  He now knows the sound of the popcorn bag being opened before I even put it in the microwave!  I don’t really remember my in laws spoiling the grandkids all that much when they were little, but the youngest is now 7, so they will basically be starting over with our baby, so I’m sure I’ll notice more things when it’s my own child.  My mom?  totally different story.  She lets my niece and nephews do things I would never allow, and they aren’t even my kids!  I guess I’ll just have to train her! lol

@aliciapdx:  yay for AC!!  I’ve been on a HUGE root beer float kick lately.  I think I had one almost every night last week!

@ames12708:  aww hello baby!!  so cute!!

@glimmeringone:  I keep debating on buying one, but I can’t decide!  I really think I would become obsessive and over use it, so that’s the only reason why I haven’t given in yet.

Dr appointment in 1.5 hrs!  can’t wait to hear the hb again!  and I’ll be scheduling my anatomy scan today!  eek!!

Post # 500
    279 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Okay Ladies…I think I’m ready to dip my toe here in the group!  I’m not even going to try and catch up on everything right now haha

How far along are you? What’s your EDD?  I’m 13 weeks 3 days … only 4 more days until the SECOND TRIMESTER.  GET. ME. THERE.  Due January 14th!

Do you have names picked? If so, would you care to share  them?  We change our minds literally every day (every hour?).  Currently the top contenders are Deacon (boy) and Annabel (girl)

What gender do you think you’re having? Will you find  out?  I’m guessing boy bc I’ve had no morning sickness and my boobs haven’t really grown 🙁 but everyone else is guessing girl bc the heartbeat been’s high (yesterday was 156!).  WE CAN’T WAIT TO FIND OUT!

Will you be revealing your gender to family and friends? And, if so,  how?  Yes…but we’re currently trying to decide how.  We want to do something special … balloon deliveries to their doors maybe?  Everyone’s out of state so it has to be mail friendly.

What have you purchased so far?  Nothing.  My first pregnancy was a missed miscarriage and I’m still so scared to get too invested…but all signs point to this going GREAT so I’m trying to stay positive.

Where are you/will you register?  Haven’t decided if I’m having a Baby Shower yet.  I’m afraid I’ll jinx it or something.  You can call me crazy my husband does haha

What are you researching right now?  I’ve banned myself from Dr. Google he scares me too much 😉

What are you loving about your pregnancy?  That it EXISTS.  every day I say “Hi baby…thank you for holding on still…we love you” haha

What are you NOT loving about your pregnancy?  That I haven’t had any symptoms (and I mean NONE) to make me feel reassured anything is happening.  Oh and lucky me I had (have?) a friable cervix and would keep spotting so yeeeeeeeah.  Worst thing ever.

Any worries – irrational or not?  1. Having another miscarriage.  2. There being a big snowstorn when I go into labor and I end up giving birth on the kitchen floor with hot water, clean towels, and a prairie nightgown bc the image wouldnt be the same if I’m in flannel pants

Do you have a birth plan figured out yet? If so, what is  it?  Not even a little bit of an idea haha

How has your DH/DW/Partner been handling your pregnancy so  far?  OMG he’s been a blessing.  Since day one he’s been like this positive beam of light through all my fears.  I couldn’t do it without him.

How, where, and when did you meet your DH/DW/Partner?  We met in college!  Were friends all 4 years and started dating after.  When we got married it’d been 9 years since we met!

Post # 501
    3028 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@AutumnMrs:  Yay for clingy babies!!!  I laughed when you mentioned giving birth on your kitchen floor due to the snow.  I am hoping for a home birth, but have had that same thought; blizzard baby!  My brother was almost born in a taxi cab in NYC due to a snow storm and it being X-Mas day.  The driver kept skidding on the road and was driving 5mph until her water broke in the cab, he then tried to kick them out and my dad threated to kill him.  My dad then left the driver $100 extra to pay for the “clean up” once they arrived at the hospital- this was 1980.

The topic ‘January 2014 Babies – Part 7’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors