(Closed) January 2014 Babies – Part 8 Second Trimester Here We Come!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What was your old wive's tale prediction and if you know the gender already was it right?
    Boy! : (11 votes)
    23 %
    Girl! : (9 votes)
    19 %
    Tie/Too Close To Call : (4 votes)
    8 %
    Prediction Was Correct : (1 votes)
    2 %
    Prediction Was Not Correct : (3 votes)
    6 %
    Don't Know The Gender Yet/Not Finding Out Gender : (20 votes)
    42 %
  • Post # 332
    199 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2014 - Ceremony: St Patrick\'s Basilica Reception: Southern Cross Ballroom, Esplanade Hotel Fremantle

Thank you for all the support ladies <3, normally my results would be shown as low risk but the hcg being more than 4 times higher than normal is causing the concern. Only 8 more days until we have our level 2 scan :), It’s going to be an emotional day so Fiance has taken the day off work for moral support.

Ugh! so not only have i been dealing with all day sickness my daughter caught a bug from the playground :/, i’ve been busy nursing her back to health and then of course i catch it too lol. Fiance also caught it as well so now i have a sick baby and Fiance with the man flu, the joys of being a mother and wife to be lol.

Only 4 more sleeps until we find out what we are having!! I am so torn between what gender i’m wanting though, I’d love another little girl so Freya can have a little sister but i’d also love a little boy for Fiance to bond with too. Other way we will be happy :), it can only be a girl or boy lol so thank god there are only two choices haha.

I am happy to say that i am also feeling baby move :), i’ve been feeling yoshi move since about 14 weeks now. Last week it’s become more consistant and i feel yoshi at least once a day every day. The bump is also growing and freya knows that the baby is in there lol, she has also called the baby “sisi” O_O so if the baby is a girl it wouldn’t surprise me at all that she knew about it. She knew i was pregnant before i took the test! 

I was naughty and went on asos maternity last week and bought 5 dresses lol! they were so cheap though, in Aus maternity dresses can retail from $120+ each :/. I spent 179.95 aud including express postage and i am very happy with my purchases, +1 for ASOS! generously cut and will definitely last my whole pregnancy.

Glad to hear everyone is well <3, and the ladies with the bleeds try not to fret *hugs* keep positive! we are out of the woods now :). Only 6 more months until we meet our babies ladies! time will fly!

@lroetheli:  Congrats on your baby girl! girlies are a lot of fun 😀 my little girl can act just as rowdy as a little boy when she is playing with her father lol, definitely not a wiliting flower 😛

Post # 333
    336 posts
    Helper bee

@peacockrosebride:  aw! you can already feel the baby move? that’s great! I am waiting to feel the baby move – I’m 15 weeks this week. 🙂 This is so exciting!!

Post # 334
    1415 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@SaraP2012:  @IheartNYC:  I agree, we need some bump pics. I’ll try to take one soon and post it.

I had another near-fainting experience this morning. At least this time it happened at home. I was in the kitchen making breakfast and started getting really hot and light-headed so I sat on the floor until the feeling passed. Normally I eat breakfast as soon as I get up but this morning I did some other things first. From now on, as soon as I get out of bed I’m going to eat!

@lroetheli:  I can understand why you feel the way you do. Darling Husband really wants a boy too plus I’ve always pictured us having a boy first. It’s not that I wouldn’t LOVE to have a little girl I just can’t picture having a girl first for some reason. I’ve always assumed I’d have a boy first and a girl second. It’s funny how we get these ideas in our head sometimes lol. I’m sure that if we have a girl first I’ll still be over the moon excited once the idea sets in.

Post # 335
    1415 posts
    Bumble bee

@peacockrosebride:  I’m 14w5d today and the last couple nights I’ve felt a weird fluttering sensation in my belly. At the time I wasn’t sure if was gas or the baby but I’d really like to think it’s the baby lol. I can’t wait until I can feel stronger movement/kicks!

Post # 336
    791 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

@peacockrosebride:  aww thanks!  I can tell Darling Husband is a lot more excited now that he’s had time to let it sink in.  He works shift work and is on nights this week, so when he gets ready to leave, he always reminds me to take care of that baby, but last night he said I need to take care of his baby girl.  It made me tear up!!  so sweet!!

I can’t wait to find out if your daughter is right and you’re having another girl!  A lot of people say kids know, and everyone that I can think of that has little kids right now, the oldest has always been right on the gender of the new baby.  and awesome deal on the maternity dresses!!  I’m not quite in maternity yet, but we have 3 weddings this year- sept, nov, dec- and I’m hoping I can just buy 1 dress and wear it to all 3.  ASOS has super cute stuff, so I’ve been checking them out!  and I’m also jealous you can feel baby move!  I’m 17w today, and I’ve only felt baby 2x so far.  I just learned I have a partial anterior placenta (mostly in front, partially on the left) so I likely won’t feel much for awhile and that makes me sad.

Post # 337
    791 posts
    Busy bee

@As_You_Wish:  I was the same way.  I always wanted a little girl, but I have 2 older brothers, so I always pictured myself having a boy first to protect his little sister like mine did for me.  I’m so excited now since we’ve been seriously talking names and I’ve picked out bedding, so even though it’s only been a few days, it’s starting to really sink in.  It’s still weird calling baby she or her though, I’ve always referred to her as “the baby” the whole time.  There really is a little person in there and not just an idea!  it’s crazy!!

Post # 338
    173 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

@lroetheli:  we find out aug 20 but I have this overwhelming feeling its a boy. And keep having dreams it’s a boy. I sooooo want a little girl! So we are the same just opposite! I know I will be happy either either way its just not what you have in tour head or have made plans for. Lol I want matching outfits and cute little girl stuff! But I will be a little disappointed at first. 

Post # 339
    173 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: July 2012

Post # 340
    294 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: December 2012

Finally starting to feel less “wow, I’m fat” and more “okay, I look pregnant!” Maybe I’ll post a new photo here! I had a meltdown earlier this week/past weekend about having nothing to wear, despite me having new maternity clothes all in a pile in my closet. So Monday night, I ate a big dinner and went to try things on while I was all bloated. And stuff fit fine, and actually looked better than I remember when I first tried them on a few weeks ago. Like, NOW it’s okay to wear prego clothes b/c I actually AM prego!  I’m easing into it at work, since the word is still spreading around the office. In a week or two, though, I think I’ll be all bumpin’ all over the joint!

Also, my hair is SO EFFING DRY lately. I really need a haircut (and color–last time I had highlights was less than a week before we got knocked up!). I’m getting one this weekend, and it can’t come soon enough. I might buy super hydrating products at the salon just to try to drench this stuff a bit. Baby, give me back my hair oils!!!

Post # 341
    1415 posts
    Bumble bee

I’m a freelance graphic designer and since my clients almost always communicate via email or phone, I haven’t had to let them know that I’m pregnant (Not that my pregnancy would affect them since I work from home and I plan to keep working after the baby comes. I just worry that if they find out that I’m due in January, I might lose out on some contracts in the new year.)

I hardly ever meet clients in person but I have a prospective client who wants me to attend a meeting this Friday in regards to a big upcoming project. Part of me is nervous about the client finding out I’m pregnant and not hiring me.  Although, since they’ve never met me, maybe they’ll just think I’m a bit chubby in the belly region lol. More importantly though, I have no idea what I’m going to wear! I don’t really have any business-style maternity clothing. I’m thinking I might be able to get away with a cute top and my dark wash (maternity) skinny jeans and a pair of flats. Otherwise, I don’t know what I’m going to do! If only yoga pants were acceptable in this type of situation *sigh* lol.

@MrsHowarts:  Cute baby bump!!!

Post # 342
    791 posts
    Busy bee

@MrsHowarts:  I’m pretty excited to go shopping for girls clothes and shoes!  I don’t think my husband quite knows what he’s in for yet! lol  I’m going to try my hardest not to buy clothes though because between both moms and DH’s sister, this little lady will have a full closet by Christmas!!  I was really excited to dress a little boy like his daddy, but we plan to have another baby, so we always have that chance again.

I love that your dog wanted to be in the picture with you too!  you look great!!

Post # 343
    214 posts
    Helper bee

@As_You_Wish:  If you’re worried about hiding your baby bump, you could add a flowy cardigan sweater to the mix.  

Post # 344
    1868 posts
    Buzzing bee

@lroetheli:  I think kids might have an intuition. I asked my friends 2 year old “girl or boy” and he said girl without missing a beat. I told my husband… get ready because it might not be a boy! lol

Post # 345
    1868 posts
    Buzzing bee

@MrsHowarts:  cute pic!! I love your frame!

Post # 346
    1868 posts
    Buzzing bee

This is me in my work bathroom… I haven’t really taken any bump pictures but I will start soon. Maybe this weekend I will go to goodwill, etc and look for a really cool frame with glass to make into a chalkboard!

14 weeks and 4 days in the picture.

The topic ‘January 2014 Babies – Part 8 Second Trimester Here We Come!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors