(Closed) January 2014 Babies – Part 8 Second Trimester Here We Come!

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: What was your old wive's tale prediction and if you know the gender already was it right?
    Boy! : (11 votes)
    23 %
    Girl! : (9 votes)
    19 %
    Tie/Too Close To Call : (4 votes)
    8 %
    Prediction Was Correct : (1 votes)
    2 %
    Prediction Was Not Correct : (3 votes)
    6 %
    Don't Know The Gender Yet/Not Finding Out Gender : (20 votes)
    42 %
  • Post # 497
    3028 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

@KH:  Mat21 in 2 weeks from Wed (although we aren’t going to ask the gender if the child does have DS-I think.)  u/s is Wed, so if baby decides to show us the goods we might know in 2 days.  We are still going to be uber gender neutral because I am a hippie like that and bought some stuff already.

Post # 498
    1721 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: March 2013

@aliciapdx:  With the Materniti test you can opt to not know whether or not the baby has the Y chromosome :). Still thinking of you and hubby. I’m sure everything will be fine! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 499
    3028 posts
    Sugar bee

@MrsMaskatoBe:  Oh good to know (makes sense) so maybe we won’t then unless we see something Wed. I am too nervous to turn away from the screen for a sec now.  Plus Mother-In-Law will be there and will be glued to it too!  Thanks for your well wishes.

I got my really cute bedding in the mail, was feeling positive and couldn’t help by open it…so cute!

Post # 500
    3112 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: May 2018

@aliciapdx:  when my gc called with the results of my maternit21 test, I had to ask about the sex. Don’t worry- you won’t find out if you don’t want. And as for the u/s, I bet you won’t be able to tell unless the point it out. 

Come on Wednesday. 

Post # 501
    3028 posts
    Sugar bee

@mamadingdong:  Yes!  Bring on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 502
    199 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: August 2014 - Ceremony: St Patrick\'s Basilica Reception: Southern Cross Ballroom, Esplanade Hotel Fremantle

@aliciapdx: Try to keep positive :), i had my level 2 last Thursday and they were very thorough. My bloods were bad but my NT measurement was normal, they look for hard and soft markers during your scan. Thankfully for us they found nothing that was positive for downs, it’s not definite though but it gives you much better odds. They gave us 3 options, 1. Leave baby as she is. 2. Amnio, but with the risk of miscarrying a perfectly healthy baby. 3. a blood test that is worth $900 and has a 1-2% of a false positive or false negative.

Because my scan went so well they decided that we could avoid the amnio, they also confirmed that our little girl is another girl ๐Ÿ™‚ (before the scan the tech asked me if i would like to find out gender that day) Which i thought was a nice touch ^^. Good luck with your scan! maybe you are having a little girl too which is making your bloods go all out of whack ;).

Beautiful bumps! My hospital wants me to go back to them for my anatomy scan, so we go back to them on the 29th for a full anatomy scan and to see if they can find any other problems. 

Fiance and i finally agreed on her name :D. Aurora Lily

So here she is at 16 weeks and 6 days! our little Aurora <3

and her little hand ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 504
    1868 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

@MrsEagleEye:  haha I am the same way! The nurse thinks it was a boy but she couldnt confirm so we will wait to see at our next appointment. I am just trying to pretend like she never told me that in the first place.

Post # 505
    2651 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: July 2012 - Catholic Church

@peacockrosebride:  Love the name and great news on the bloodwork!

We’re getting really up there with the post count, so I’m going to go make us a new thread.

Post # 506
    791 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2011

@peacockrosebride:  aww hello baby!  and I love her name!  we’re still talking names, but haven’t decided anything yet.

@MrsEagleEye:  I was 16w5d and 2 techs confirmed it was a girl.  We have plenty of potty shots, but I’m still a little nervous it could be wrong.  We can’t keep a secret, so we’ve been telling anyone who asks it’s a girl.  We figured if it’s wrong, it’s not like it’s bad news, but we have our confirmation u/s on Aug 23.

The topic ‘January 2014 Babies – Part 8 Second Trimester Here We Come!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors