(Closed) January 2014 Babies!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 377
4802 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

@Lyndzo:  Ya we haven’t even gone there yet….I just can’t bring myself to do it.  Luckily we were both a little “done” with  TTC and all of the unsexy sex – we are both kind of glad to have a break.

My doctor said it would be fine though and I read that crampiness and even a little spotting (if not bright red) after would be normal.

Post # 378
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@MademoiselleL:  I heard that too, especially if you orgasm, then you’ll feel cramps.  I didn’t the other day though.

My mom asked me if we can tell my dad, said it’s hard keeping the secret. Darling Husband really wants to wait for a heartbeat.  I feel like telling my dad won’t change things, he’s immediate family.  Hmm..

She also wants to tell my brother who already has his suspicions. And picked up her phone the other day and saw a text about nurserys. She played dumb but he stills thinks something is up.

Post # 379
4802 posts
Honey bee

@Lyndzo:  Are your mom and your dad not together?  I suppose that either way, if it were me, I would tell my dad if I told my mom.  We have already told my immediate family and are telling DH’s this week.  I think family will usually be there for you no matter what happens unless  you have a strained relationship.

Post # 380
485 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@EquiBee2013:  Me either! πŸ™ My appt is Monday and it will be 3 weeks after i found out. Longest 3 weeks ever

Post # 381
307 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: April 2012

@EquiBee2013:  

I have an appointment for paperwork and labs around 7 weeks then have to wait for my sonogram appt until 11 weeks. I won’t even care about bloodwork on my first appt, I just want to hear a heartbeat!

@nicolebug:  Best wishes for your results!

@Lindsay05:  I tested again too and Darling Husband was like “ummm why are you still testing?” LOL

@MrsPuddingface:  I watch the video all the time, my mom was beyond overjoyed!  I am her youngest child at 33 and this is her first grandchild.

@Lyndzo:  The first couple of times I could not get with it, but I started to feel really bad. I realized it would be better for my nerves to stay on top.  He has had no complaints and I have control! 

Post # 382
3028 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Super excited for everyone!  I just spoke w/ my mom (who doesn’t know) about how excited we are to see them for july 4th and how I just don’t think I can stand for hours and watch fireworks so she’s looking into getting some sort of family boat/cruise to see the fireworks since she said she’s too old for it too!  Ha.  My dad (74 yo) was almost in tears (he’s really sentimental and will prob be sobbing) telling me how much he loves me and is so happy Fiance and I are getting married soon and seeing them soon <3

Post # 383
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@MademoiselleL:  They are together.  My mom and I are very close, we email back and forth all day (esp since I’m not working right now).  So I told her b/c I tell her mostly everything.  My dad was so excited last time and we told him as soon as we found out (along with my brother and DH’s parents and both Grandma’s).  We told them too soon and I felt like I really disappointed them.

So Darling Husband wanted me to keep quiet this time but agreed that I could tell my mom since he knew how crazy I’d go. I would hate to tell my dad and then have bad news for him a second time.  I’d feel better if I knew my HCG was doubling.

Post # 385
4802 posts
Honey bee

@MrsPuddingface:  There’s actually a maternity section in H&M, I don’t know if you have one near you but there is one in my mall and it’s really cheap.  You should see if they have it online.  The line is called “MAMA”.   I didn’t see any in the Old Navy store πŸ™

@MrsPuddingface:  Thanks for that info!  The weird thing is though that it does seem standard here, since I’ve already had bloodwork at 4 weeks and she booked me in for an ultrasound on June 4 (8 weeks).  It’s just weird because I haven’t heard any results from the bloodwork, but then I don’t know if I’m supposed to either.  I think I’m going to call the doctor today and just ask.

Post # 388
8882 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

@MrsPuddingface:  I think it went really well. Going in I didn’t have a good feeling but I actually really liked the place and the people were amazing.  It makes me nervous starting a new job (IF I get it) and then telling them I’m pregnant a month later. Especially when I’d be hired for a 1 year mat leave.  I want a job badly but part of me wants to be honest and tell them before they hire me. Am I crazy?

My anxiety is actually a lot better this time, I’ve been dealing with it so well. I just had one moment this morning where I let it get to me. Other than that I’ve been okay. 

I’m also really cranky and emotional. Darling Husband and I keep arguing. He’s been grumpy too (cause of a migraine) so we keep butting heads.

I think I should start to investigate plus-size maternity clothes.  I doubt most stores will have anything that fit me.  I hate that I won’t have a bump for a while cause of my fat tummy.  But I’m still thankful just to have a baby in that fat tummy lol

Post # 391
4802 posts
Honey bee

@MrsPuddingface:  Yeah I just called the doctor’s office and told them I had bloodwork done on Saturday but I forgot to ask if I was waiting to hear about anything :/  She said they would only call me if there was a problem, and that it would have come back in 1-2 days (business days I’m assuming), so I’m going to take that to mean there’s no problem πŸ™‚  Makes me happy!

And ya I hope you can buy some stuff online there at H&M.  I was also just wondering if maybe Walmart has a section?

The topic ‘January 2014 Babies!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors