(Closed) January 2014 brides unite!

posted 6 years ago in January 2014
Post # 3
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2017

I am January 18th! ๐Ÿ™‚ We officially set our date on the weekend, when we booked our venue. Very exciting, it was the first time we got to see the venue all wedding-fied as well, so I was able to really picture how it will all look.

I’ve also picked my dress, and paid $800 off on it, only $2100 to go! It’s a Jean Fox Eva, such a beautiful dress, and they are putting a purple sash on it for me. ๐Ÿ˜€

Also we have the photographer and celebrant sorted, and I have picked my bridesmaids.

I chose a January wedding because it will be summer here in Australia, and I love the warm weather. Hoping it’s not a killer 40 degree (celcius) day though, that is just a bit too warm…

We were aiming for February, but my sister (and MOH) will be turning 21 in the middle of Feb, and I really don’t want to steal her thunder and overshadow her big milestone birthday. Her 18th bday followed mine and my cousin’s 21sts and my grandmother’s 70th and was a big disappointment to her, she deserves a huge awesome party that isnt taken over by talk about weddings.

I’m getting much more excited for the wedding now we’ve booked the venue. It feels much more real and close and totally nuts that it is only 18 months away.
I apologise for the rambling, haha, I try not to gush about the wedding to strangers too much as they get that glazed eye look while I bore them to death, lol.

Post # 4
37 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2014

We’re January 14, 2014. ๐Ÿ™‚ Been engaged since November 2011, and finally ready to start planning!

Hayley 

Post # 6
37 posts
Newbee

I’ve always wanted a winter wedding, because I just feel like it’s something different than the summer weddings that is the norm around here (SoCal). We’re actually getting married on a Tuesday, for we’re doing a small destination wedding in Lake Tahoe, and then coming home to do a reception on the weekend. Have you gotten any set plans yet? A venue, dress, photographer? 

Post # 8
37 posts
Newbee

Wow, that’s great, you’ve done some of the bigger things already. I agree, lace can totally work for a winter wedding! I have one more semester until I graduate, so I haven’t been able to do much of the official planning yet other than booking a rental house for the ceremony in Lake Tahoe, but we do plan to go check out a reception venue that we really like in August and that’s also when I’ll be shopping for a dress. We also already have a photographer and plan to take engagement pictures in Big Bear in October. 

Our colors are silver and turquoise, how about you guys? ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 10
37 posts
Newbee

I love blush pink as well, I always have, it’s so feminine and pretty. Yeah, ever since I was little I can remember loving turquoise for my wedding. 

I know exactly what you mean about six months would have been too soon, but at the same token a year and a half seems sooo far away; however, I know that it will go by so fast! Things have already gone by so quickly!

Post # 12
37 posts
Newbee

Well, I’ve actually been to Lake Tahoe the past two years in the winter (January) and unfortunately, there has been barely any snow both times. I want snow to be up there so bad, but have decided that I’ll make my peace even if there’s not snow, the ceremony will be outside regardless. And yes for the receptions photos, January where I live it could be 80 degrees, and minimal rain worst case scenario. I’m not too worried about that. 

I’ve never been to a winter wedding before either, and you bring up really good point. In my opinion, it would be worth it if you two had to see each other before the wedding in order to get those perfect pictures. The pictures will last a lifetime, and I’ve seen things where the photographer takes pictures of the groom seeing the bride for the first time, so you can still capture that moment before you walk down the aisle. 

Post # 13
1529 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

i am a january 18th bride too, however we may push it up to the 11th if we cant get the 18th

Post # 14
238 posts
Helper bee

I’m a January bride too! I am so excited and cant wait! We have decided on venue and such, but can’t book it all quite yet. We are getting married Disney World, so we have to wait until a year out to book. 

The topic ‘January 2014 brides unite!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors