(Closed) January 2014 brides unite!

posted 9 years ago in January 2014
Post # 17
651 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2013

@MissMelly:  I am in the same situation, I plan on having everything done around the same time. We are moving about 5 hours away so i would like to have as much done as possible before we move. I have all of my ideas already we just have to book everything and purchase dresses ect. 

Post # 19
185 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

I’m a January bride… the 18th to be exact. I picked January because I love love love the winter and can’t do it in December because there’s too many birthdays and Febuary is just too cliche. I live in California so it shouldn’t be TOO cold I’m so excited to get the ball rollin’

Post # 20
14 posts
Newbee

Hi January 2014 brides I am so excited to join this group!! We plan to get married on January 2014 aswell and also it will be our 10 years anniversary lol been together since I was 16 hehe anyway do you guys thinks its too early to try on a wedding dress ^_^ I am planning to buy mines online but wanted to try to see which style suits me… We won’t start planning properly till beginning of next year but I sorta have ideas already!! And if you guys have pics of the wedding dresses that you tried on please post up a pic thanks!

Post # 22
14 posts
Newbee

Yeah I’m worried that I won’t get the venue I want for reception because it will be summer here in Australia and I want the harbour views.We’ll be going to a wedding expo next month so we will have a look And hopefully start booking the venue maybe. I like your idea of booking it in advance  not only you get the date you wanted and for 2012 price , it will give you more times to pay it off less stress I guess will talk with my other half πŸ™‚

Post # 23
1076 posts
Bumble bee

So many people on january 18th! Date twins XD

I picked the date because it’s our 6 year anniversary. So far we’ve been planning the engagement party, looking at venues and i’ve got a couple of DIY projects in the works.

Post # 24
134 posts
Blushing bee

I haven’t officially booked but jan 18 is my dream date too! Jan/feb is the low season forsour destination wedding and we got engaged sept 20 so I’m obviously Not getting married jan 2013! 

The wait will be exhausting but I hope I can have the wedding planning done well enough in advance that I can enjoy a month or two before the wedding where we just don’t have to think wedding at all! (and likely concentrate on Christmas)

Post # 25
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: February 2014

@Lovemelovemyhorses:  I’m also planning our engagement party and it’s hard work! What kind of DIY things have you got planned for your engagement party? I’m also doing a lot of things myself so just curious as to what a fellow Aussie has planned πŸ™‚

Post # 26
1076 posts
Bumble bee

@Milli88:  

Most of the DIY projects are for the wedding, but we did DIY pretty much everything for the e-party as well. We had a evening party with finger foods, so we DIYed the food, music, decorations, centerpeices ect.

The main DIY i’m working on at the moment is my flower petal aisle runner. It’s taken me hours to get a tiny little bit done -.-

Post # 27
4 posts
Wannabee

Hi Everyone! I’m a January bride as well, and I’m so excited! The main reason we decided on a January wedding was mostly because we love the winter and we’re planning to spend as less as possible on our wedding since it’s only one day. However, we still want it to be memorable.

I’m planning a DIY wedding. It may be crazy, but I already have started planning every detail.

Post # 28
1486 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

Hello! We are still deciding January 4th or January 11th but definitely 2014. I found my dress yesterday (!) but will order in March. I have also decided colors & we looked at a ceremony & reception location today. I am a total organization FREAK about stuff like this & since I change my mind a lot I need to scout out all my options before saying a firm yes. There are so many freakin’ choices!!

We expect to pay ourselves. Our goal is to keep it smallish (under 120) & late morning or early afternoon. 

Nice to meet you all!

Post # 29
1 posts
Wannabee

Hello  πŸ™‚

My boyfriend & I live in different countries and we have finally decided to get married in Jan 2014 ( 18th most likely, but we have still not confirmed on this could be the earlier / later weekend too ) .

The wedding will be in Melbourne since his entire family is there , however we have not yet started on any of the arrangements as he would like me to get there first ( this should happen by mid of this year hopefully ) and this is causing the nerves to really kick in ! However I am trying to look up reception venues online just so that I may find it a little easier to finalise on the same once I actually get there . Would any one be able to suggest venues south of Melbourne to accommodate 150 – 175 guests and something not very expensive ?

P.S. Colours I am looking at are butter yellow & coral let me know what you think  πŸ˜‰

Post # 30
51 posts
Worker bee

January 11th 2014 πŸ˜€
so  excited and super organised

Post # 31
2 posts
Wannabee

We are getting married on the 1st of January! I originally wanted the 11th but because of the way public holidays work here in NZ my hubby to be will always be off work on our anniversary on the 1st Smile I can’t wait and I am trying to be super orgainised…the venue and photographer are already booked!

The topic ‘January 2014 brides unite!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors