(Closed) January 2014 brides unite!

posted 9 years ago in January 2014
Post # 47
14 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2014

View original reply
@Amaialoca:  

Breath! You will be fine. The good thing about a January wedding is that it is off-season so the vendors don’t book up early. Make a list of what you need to do and prioritize what needs to happen first (dress- now, favors-can wait a little). Because it generally takes a long time for dresses to come in after you buy them, I would suggest buying a sample that you can take right away. Or try on the dresses in store, find the ones you like and then try to buy it online. I got my wonderful (brand-new tags still on) dress from preownedweddingdresses.com, Tradsy.com is another good bet. 

Good Luck!

Post # 48
1 posts
Wannabee

We are getting married on January 3rd, 2014! We only got engaged 2 weeks ago and I have already booked the venue, organized the wedding party, found a baker for the cake and bought my dress. I am on overdrive all the time because I feel like we have no time at all before the day is here!

Post # 49
37 posts
Newbee

I’m getting married on January 1st (our dating anniversary) and am almost done booking major vendors. Whew!

Post # 50
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014 - Costa Rica destination

@MissMelly:  We are getting married January 21st 2014 in Costa Ricabut leaving on the 18th….. I CANNOT BELIEVE how fast this is going by.  I am seeing xmas commercials and all I can thinkis the wedding is so soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 51
21 posts
Newbee

Today is 2 months exactly from our wedding day. The speed with which the wedding is aproaching is really doing a number on both of us. Even though we’ve gotten almost everything done well ahead of time, we’re still feeling the pressure to tie up all the loose ends, pay all those hefty balances, and face some of the tough problems that we were able to avoid up until now. We’re really putting ourselves out there in a lot ways and at the same time we realize just how much depends on other people and that we can’t control–that does weighs on us at times. We’ve invested so much into this–time, emotion, and money–that it’s a lot harder than I thought to be laid back about it. I’m trying to just enjoy this exciting time and not succumb to stress. People I love may let me down, we may not manage to save quite as much money as we’d hoped for the trip, yes okay, but this is above all that a special time in my life to be savored. And to be grateful for.

Jujee, I hear you. I find myself in disbelief that this is finally on our doorstep, after so many months of engagement and planning (and really, how many years of hoping and praying to find and marry that special person?). I know with all the holidays, including my birthday!, between now and then that it will be here before we know it. I’ll be like, happy thanksgiving, happy birthday, merry christmas, happy new years — oh sh*t we’re in the carribean now — I do!

Earlier this week my fiance announced that he had finished a “first pass” on his vows. I was like, “wait, wha??”

Post # 52
126 posts
Blushing bee

I hope all of the January brides are doing well! Mine is in 12 days and I’m starting to get really pumped!

Honeymoon in Montreal! Ooh la la! 🙂

Post # 53
220 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@marie_antoinette:  Date twin!!! Definitely starting to get excited over here!!! Hope everything is wrapped up for you.

Montreal is my favourite city to visit, I usually go once a year.

Post # 54
252 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014 - Costa Rica destination

okay Bees!! I am literally waiting for Fiance to get out fo the shower so we can head to the airport to get married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We will be in Costa Rica and Tuesday the 21st is the actual reception!  Congrats and best wishes to al of you getting married this weekedn andnext…it has beena  long fun journey communicating until thus far… cannot wait for you to see pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post # 55
3667 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: January 2000

OMG Miss Melly, that sweet girl. I was thinking about her this week but didn’t realize that her wedding (which was cancelled) was scheduled for Jan 2014.

I am certain that she is doing well and that she came out on top of her grief. She had so much going for her. Sending Miss Melly good wishes out to the Universe because she doesn’t visit here, I do believe.

Post # 56
126 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@something_orange:  Me too, the excitement is building!! Best wishes to you this weekend! Are you going anywhere for a honeymoon?

Post # 57
220 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@marie_antoinette:  We’re going to Rivera Maya Mexico! I’m looking forward to getting out of the cold! It’s been brutal here this week, probably similar for you. It’s supposed to warm up for the weekend but they are also calling for now. I hope it doesn’t turn into a tricky drive for the guests.

EEEeeee bet you’re excited! Wishing you all the best!

The topic ‘January 2014 brides unite!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors