(Closed) January 2014 Mamas Part 10 – Babies are arriving!

posted 7 years ago in Pregnancy
Post # 287
1415 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2012

View original reply
@Swizzle:  Thank you!! Yes I am definitely over the moon. I often have to pinch myself to make sure this is real life :).

Post # 288
199 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2014 - Ceremony: St Patrick\'s Basilica Reception: Southern Cross Ballroom, Esplanade Hotel Fremantle

I’ve left this so late! ><

First of all congratulations to all on your beautiful little ones! so many pretty girls and handsome boys! 🙂

Our little Aurora Lily arrived after australia day lol, we think the fireworks scared her out :P. I woke up on monday morning at 3am on the 27th of jan 2014, i felt sick and crampy. I was finally able to get back to sleep by 5am, i woke up at 6:30 and had breakfast with my aunt. I’m still cramping and they are regular now, no back pain though so to be safe we rang the birth centre. They said to come in considering i was overdue (induction was to be set for the wednesday), so we went in.

My sister, aunt, daniel and i drove off to the birth centre, and we left my teen brother and Freya with my grandmother. We arrived and i had my vitals and urine checked, everything was great except my bp :/ so she checked it again after 10 minutes and it was still through the roof. They sent me off to the maternal fetal assessment unit to be monitored, my sister and aunt had to stay in the waiting room and dan and i went into a room. 

They hooked me up to the ctg and i had my bp monitored every 15 mins, slowly going down but still extremely high :/. Bloods were drawn to test my platelet levels (i developed thrombocytopenia in late pregnancy which is low platelet levels), they had to be at least 100,000 for me to birth in the centre. I was offered a stretch and sweep as well because i was 3cm dilated 4 stretched) with my waters bulging, the maternal fetal assessment unit rang the birth centre and told them my vitals. The birth centre didn’t want me back down there so i had to stay upstairs :(, so i was staying and i had to wait until my room was ready.

They put in a cannula and i was sent off to my labour suite, because they weren’t expecting me i was put in the confinement labour suite lol complete with heavy metal door that had a buzzer to go in and out. So i laboured walking around keeping as active as i could, they decided to check on me again and just like with my daughter failure to progress :/. I was now 4cm though so they decided to break my waters as they were really bulging now, and last time i had ARM i progressed quickly. They tried to break my waters with the amnihook and failed lol (same thing happened with my daughter, i have really strong membranes) so they used the amnicot (glove with a hook) to scrape away at my membranes. That worked but when my waters gave way they saw meconium :/, so now baby and i had to be constantly monitored.

Not long after they broke my waters the contractions went crazy! it was transition time and god did i feel it, i’d have a big contraction and a medium one with no breaks at all. I was so exhausted haha but breathed through each one, in the end they were one on top of each other coming faster and faster so i asked for gas and air to help me have a rest during the medium contractions. I was thankful for that because it gave me a bit of a nap lol, all of a sudden i had a massive urge to push and told the midwife she checked me and yup baby’s head was there :P. I pushed for 7 minutes and our little girl came screaming into the world at 5:45pm <3, from 4cm dilated my entire active labour was 1 hour and 20 minutes! O_O. It was a very fast labour and delivery but definitely a lot harder too because i had no breaks, i ended up with 1 minor tear, labial grazes and thankfully no stitches this time around. 

I had to stay in overnight so they could observe baby because of the meconium, but i was home by 3:30 the next day :). 

So yes that was the story of Aurora’s birth ^.^ and now it’s photo time! Please excuse the mass lot of photos lol

Freya meeting her little sister for the first time 🙂

d

d

d

Post # 290
1415 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@peacockrosebride:  Aww, what a sweetheart! I love your photos. Both of your girls are adorable.

Post # 291
1868 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@peacockrosebride:  OMG her lips!! I love the pictures with both girls. So precious!

Post # 292
8880 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper

View original reply
@peacockrosebride:  OMG she is so beautiful! Congratulations!

The topic ‘January 2014 Mamas Part 10 – Babies are arriving!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors