(Closed) January 2015 Babies! Part 2

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When do you think you'll have to start wearing maternity clothes?
    Start? I already am!! : (4 votes)
    11 %
    Sometime towards the end of first trimester! : (14 votes)
    40 %
    Second trimester! : (15 votes)
    43 %
    I'm planning on using all the tricks in the book and holding out until third trimester! : (2 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 166
    3798 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

E_Lynne615:  yes! We told everyone yesterday. They are all excited. It was hard for me to tell because I am so used to it just being my secret! How did everyone react to your news? I have my next ultrasound on Tuesday (genetic screening) and I am so ready to see baby again.

Post # 167
    1063 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: February 2014 - Kentucky Center for the Performing Arts

Due Date: 1/30/15 per LMP

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking)? Not sure…we were surprised even though I had just recently stopped taking my BC pills

How long did you try before your BFP? Missed just one pack of birth control pills.

Do you have any other kids or is this the first? I have a 7 yr old daughter, he has a 6 yr old son. So it’s been awhile for both go us.

Any symptoms yet? I’m sick pretty much all the time. I’ve thrown up only once during this pregnancy. It’s just constant nausea. I have major constipation. I also have serious acid reflux and heart burn that has left me sitting up to sleep for the last few nights. Oh and yep my nipples are still sore!

What are you most excited about? The 2nd trimester because hopefully this sickness will cease. And the moment when the baby gets delivered! 

What are you most nervous about? Like a lot of others…miscarriage. I bled a little bit around 6wks for no apparent reason. Was put on bed rest for 24hrs then had ultrasound the next morning that showed the baby was fine but they didn’t know where the bleeding came from. Just thanking God but still nervous.

What will you miss most while you’re pregnant? Sex…I’m so sick constantly that our sex life sucks right now. πŸ™

Post # 168
    234 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

Hello and welcome to the three ladies that recently joined the board! I hope all of your pregnancies are going super smoothly πŸ™‚

Someone started a Facebook group for the January 2015 moms-to-be. I haven’t joined yet, so I forget who organized it. Maybe someone else can jump in here and remind me?

I think this group has slowed down quite a bit since the FB group started up, it may just be time to join πŸ™‚

Post # 170
    907 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

Due Date: January 2, 2015

How many DPO were you when you got your BFP (if you were tracking)? I’m not sure since we weren’t tracking.

How long did you try before your BFP? Do you have any other kids or is this the first? We weren’t actively trying, but we weren’t preventing either. It happened quickly–the first month.

Any symptoms yet? Yes, lots of nausea (starting to ease up in second trimester), feeling lots of stretching in lower abdomen, fatigue, and some breast tingling.

What are you most excited about? Finding out if it’s a girl or a boy, and of course, meeting him or her!

What are you most nervous about? Something bad happening to the baby after it’s born.

What will you miss most while you’re pregnant? Missing cured meats (salami, prosciutto, smoked salmon, etc.) and occasionally red wine, though my appetite for alcohol has nearly disappeared.

Post # 171
    313 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

babylou: Welcome! I was supposed to be due Jan 2, but the doctors adjusted it to Dec 28. So I am just a bit ahead of you. 

I recently started to feel the baby move every once in a while. I’d say I feel it morely in the morning and at night, a couple times an hour. My anatomy scan is next week at 18.5 weeks so I am pretty excited/nervous. I am also very much showing now, which is exciting.

Post # 172
    69 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

asphodel:  What does the baby moving feel like?? I’m so excited for it but don’t quite know what to expect (even though I’ve read about it in general). That’s so exciting you get your anatomy scan next week!! They wouldn’t even schedule mine until 19-20 weeks, so I have to wait three more weeks for it.

Showing is very exciting! How soon did you start to show? I’m at 17 weeks and still nothing! People are saying they see something, but I’m pretty sure it’s just water and the extra weight that I’ve gained.

Post # 173
    69 posts
    Worker bee

Wylie231388:  I think it was Mrs. Nebraska who started the Facebook group…but given the recent circumstances she might have handed over the admin rights to someone else. I’m not on it, so I have no idea who that might be. Maybe some of the other ladies here know?

Post # 174
    907 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: October 2011

asphodel:  That’s so funny asphodel. My original due date was January 4, but then they pushed it back two days. My sister is a true New Year’s baby–born January 1, so we’ll see if this little one shares a birthday with his or her auntie! I think it’s funny that they can adjust by just a few days. What difference does it make? πŸ™‚

Post # 175
    115 posts
    Blushing bee

Hey girls! I just wanted to stop by and say that I have been thinking of you all and will say a special prayer for you and your babies tonight. I think Darling Husband and I are ready to start trying again, so please pray/sned god vibes our way. I’ve missed you all!

*hugs*

Post # 176
    622 posts
    Busy bee

Is anyone else feeling more worried now that they’re into the second trimester? I know it’s stupid, but I can’t help it. I had the dating US at 8 weeks and everything looked good, heard the heartbeat with the doppler at 12 weeks and it was good and the OB also pointed out when we heard the baby move. I know these are both good, reassuring things, but I can’t help worrying. During the first trimester, I just kind of expected it could miscarry and it was out of my hands. I know technically that the miscarriage risk for 13 weeks and on is only about 2%, but I can’t stop thinking about a missed miscarriage. I’ve still got sore boobs, and I think I’ve been getting some ligament pain, but other than that I feel good. No more nausea, not so fatigued, no weird cravings or sensitivity to smell. Not really showing much. I know it’s supposed to have “sunk in” by now, but I find myself more filled with doubt. I know it’s stupid.

I also haven’t decided about doing any of the second trimester genetic screenings, and my OB didn’t offer to do the nuchal translucency test. I was offered the Quad test, which I can still elect to do (for $200 out of pocket). I don’t know if doing the test would make me feel better or worse. Did you bees find it reassuring? I don’t expect that I’ll get another US until 20 weeks. I’m 13 weeks 1 day right now, first pregnancy.

Post # 177
    313 posts
    Helper bee

bluesea10:  I feel the babies movements mostly when I’m lying down at night, but occasionally during the day also. They feel like someone tapping you lightly from the inside. When I feel one movement, I tend to feel a couple more before it stops for a while. I first felt the baby move at 16 weeks and it was like popcorn popping, but I only felt it once that week . This past week (17w), I felt the baby move everyday. 

I started showing around 13 weeks, a very small bump. It may be because I am petite, and I had some bloat. People mostly thought I put on a bit of weight. Now that I am 17 weeks, people suspect that I’m pregnant. It is still a small bump, but it definitely looks more like a pregnancy bump now. It is super exciting to have a bump, but has made sleeping less comfortable for me. I also started having a mild backache this week.

Post # 178
    313 posts
    Helper bee

heirofslytherin:  thank you, sending you lots of good vibes. hope you have a sticky & healthy baby.

Post # 179
    313 posts
    Helper bee

LLEU:  The genetic screening is a personal choice. We decided to take the first trimester screening. I found it really reassuring and would definitely do it again. 

Second trimester is a weird time because of the lack of symptoms. I think you can ask to hear the baby’s heartbeat for reassurance every once in a while, if you really worried. In about a month, you’ll hopefully start feeling the baby move, which is really comforting. But I think there is no end to worrying really, it is just a part of being a parent πŸ™‚

Post # 180
    69 posts
    Worker bee

asphodel:  Thanks! It must be so exciting/cool to feel the baby move. Almost 18W here and still waiting…for the bump as well. My husband thinks I’m showing but I keep trying to explain that it’s the bloat! (Which I’m sure sounds less attractive than a bump.) I’m in the 5’7 to 5’9 range, so not super tall, but I guess enough to make things roomy for baby. I hope you find a way to ease that backache! You can try some gentle yoga poses; I’ve also heard that there are chiropractors that specialize in pregnancies, which I think I’ll be looking into in a couple of months.

LLEU:  Yes and no…it’s a different kind of worry! I was worried about miscarriage the first trimester as well, but like you, I also decided that if it happened, it was out of my hands. During the second trimester, I’m worried I’ll do something wrong and accidentally hurt the baby (eating contaminated foods, make a weird sudden move that can cause placental abruption, etc., etc.). I know it’s not rational but can’t help it. It’s especially hard at this early stage of the 2nd trimester where I can neither see (no bump…just weight gain + bloat) nor feel the baby yet. The nausea is gone for me too, so sometimes I wonder if the baby is still there and OK, but I just try to push those thoughts out of my mind! The second trimester is supposed to be comfortable, so I’m just trying to enjoy it and not think about it too much!

<br />The genetic tests are definitely a personal choice…but it gave us a peace of mind. It depends on whether genetic abnormalities would be a dealbreaker for you or not, and if not, whether you’d want to prepare in advance. It’s odd your OB didn’t offer the NT test, but I guess it depends on the OB. At 13W it might not be too late to do it? I don’t know..

The topic ‘January 2015 Babies! Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors