(Closed) January 2015 Babies! Part 2

posted 6 years ago in Pregnancy
  • poll: When do you think you'll have to start wearing maternity clothes?
    Start? I already am!! : (4 votes)
    11 %
    Sometime towards the end of first trimester! : (14 votes)
    40 %
    Second trimester! : (15 votes)
    43 %
    I'm planning on using all the tricks in the book and holding out until third trimester! : (2 votes)
    6 %
  • Post # 181
    2437 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: May 2013

Wylie231388:  yes, please join. If you PM me your fb name I’ll add you. We are very active on there. πŸ™‚

• This reply was modified 5 years, 6 months ago by  mrspinkiepie.
    Post # 183
    221 posts
    Helper bee

Hello all! Just thought I’d check in here for those who haven’t joined the Facebook group! I’ll be 17 weeks tomorrow, and I think I’m finally moving toward the pleasant stage of pregnancy! I threw up last night, but before that I had gone 10 whole days, so the nausea is definitely getting better!

The most exciting new development is that I can feel the baby move pretty much every day! My US tech said I’d feel it early because of where my placenta is positioned, and sure enough – it started right before I hit 16 weeks, and now I can feel those little movements usually a few times a day! I’m pretty obviously showing too… not to strangers, but to anyone who knew me pre-pregnancy, they can tell.

Here’s the really exciting news – IT’S A BOY!! We went for an elective ultrasound last weekend and found out! I really wanted the reassurance of seeing the baby moving around an extra time (waiting from the 11 week ultrasound to the 20 week ultrasound was too long for me!) and we found an elective ultrasound place by our house that does them for $60, so we went, and we got to find out the sex too! Definitely a little boy! We are so excited. We’re pretty sure we have a name picked out, so I’ll share that soon. We picked up some paint samples for the baby’s room over the weekend too, and I just got all of my maternity leave paperwork at work (18 weeks!), so the really exciting part is beginning!

I hope you’re all doing well, and I hope those of you who haven’t made it over to the facebook group yet will join soon! It’s such a supportive, sweet group over there. πŸ™‚

Post # 184
    313 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

MrsKate11: CONGRATS! That is so exciting!!! Yay!! I started feeling the baby move ~16 weeks too.

I had my anatomy scan this morning. Things look good. My due data is now December 29th. I was able to see the little baby move her lips. It was a delight. We are very excited!!

Post # 186
    4430 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

E_Lynne615:  Hey Lady! hope you’re doing well!!!! time is flying huh? I’m already 36 weeks tomorrow! So crazy. 

Post # 188
    65 posts
    Worker bee

E_Lynne615:  I know, the group is so inactive now! How can I join the FB group?

Post # 189
    4430 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

E_Lynne615:  I’m over it !!! At about the 28 week mark it was night and day for a lot of us. It’s so weird how you wake up totally different and feel like, well, crap. 

Seriously enjou your 2nd trimesters coming up! It was the only time I was able to religiously use the treadmill and actually sometimes “forget” I was pregnant. It was amazing and I loved it so much! 

I’m ready for him to come any time now. Fine with me lol. Glad you’re doing well! πŸ˜€ are you going to find out what you’re having ?

Post # 191
    234 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

I had my detailed anatomy scan today and we found out we’re having a boy! I just *knew* it was a boy from the start, but I love knowing for sure now. The baby looked really good too, no issues to be concerned with. It feels so good to almost be half-way, now I’m excited to get a really obvious baby bump sometime in the next month πŸ™‚ How is everyone else feeling?

Post # 192
    69 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

Wylie231388:  That’s fabulous your baby got a clean bill of health and congrats on finding out the sex! We found out a few weeks too and it was a total surprise–totally not what I expected…still exciting of course!

Did everyone move over to the facebook group? Am I the last one who hasn’t joined yet?

Post # 193
    313 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

bluesea10:  I haven’t joined yet either!!

I am almost 6 months!! Yay πŸ™‚

Post # 194
    69 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

asphodel:  Oh, good, I’m glad to know I’m not the only one! I guess I’m afraid of something happening if I share the pregnancy more broadly before the baby is viable…as it is, I contemplated keeping it a secret from everyone but the closest family until the baby is here. Not that it’s rational or would have even been possible. Crazy pregnant lady brain I guess

Yay for 6 months! How fabulous! Just a few more months to go! These months are dragging by so slowly. I can’t wait to meet the little one, though my husband and I are trying to cherish these last few months alone.

Post # 195
    234 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: April 2014

bluesea10:  Yeah, I think most people are on the FB group now (I am). It’s still a secret board though so my other FB friends can’t see my activity on there, just the weddingbee ladies can.

I’m excited to meet the baby and I’m excited to go on Mat leave (full year in Canada) I’m leaving my job at the end of November so I can do some nesting all of December πŸ™‚ I’ve already starting crafting artwork and blankets for the baby room!

The topic ‘January 2015 Babies! Part 2’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors